Activesync, eSync, z-push in current trunk of egroupware: Addressbook email mixup

umehner umehner

Activesync, eSync, z-push in current trunk of egroupware: Addressbook email mixup

If I create a new contact on a mobile client with an Exchange Active Sync (EAS) client and sync it to eGroupware, the values for email (standard/business) and private email get mixed up. The email address, explicitly set to private on client, gets standard/business/organisation in eGW.

This is tested with Windows 10 mobile (Outlook App) and an old Nokia phone with "ASVersion: 12.1".
I couldn't check completely with Android phone yet (tried with 5.1 and Exchange version 5.1.1 - seems pretty broken: could sync from eGW - but not to eGW, all emails are set to "private" on client ...).

How is it supposed to work?
I know EAS has its weakest point when in comes to multiple attributes (phone numbers, email ...) for contacts. DAV-based sync is much more flexible for this. But there has to be a reasonable compromise to hold contacts synced with heterogeneous mobile clients.

Cheers, Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Activesync, eSync, z-push in current trunk of egroupware: Addressbook email mixup

Hi Ulle,

thanks for sharing your experiences.

Am 31.01.16 um 09:46 schrieb umehner:
> If I create a new contact on a mobile client with an Exchange Active Sync
> (EAS) client and sync it to eGroupware, the values for email
> (standard/business) and private email get mixed up. The email address,
> explicitly set to private on client, gets standard/business/organisation in
> eGW.
Unfortunately AS has 3 email fields: email1address, email2address and
email3address
We assign email1address to business and email2address2private. I have
not checked if the opposite assignment makes more sense for other
devices too. Assignment happens in
addressbook/inc/class.addressbook_zpush.inc.php line 58f.

Ralf

> This is tested with Windows 10 mobile (Outlook App) and an old Nokia phone
> with "ASVersion: 12.1".
> I couldn't check completely with Android phone yet (tried with 5.1 and
> Exchange version 5.1.1 - seems pretty broken: could sync from eGW - but not
> to eGW, all emails are set to "private" on client ...).
>
> How is it supposed to work?
> I know EAS has its weakest point when in comes to multiple attributes (phone
> numbers, email ...) for contacts. DAV-based sync is much more flexible for
> this. But there has to be a reasonable compromise to hold contacts synced
> with heterogeneous mobile clients.
>
> Cheers, Ulle
>

> -----
> eGroupware SVN Trunk

Stylite AG

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 46224 Mainz Germany