Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
fzpulce fzpulce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

Hi all,
It seems there are some problem with the new iCal included in Mac OS X Lion 10.7.

The new iCal version isn't able to find the ical server.
Obviously i've configured the new iCal like the old iCal (included in Mac OS X 10.6.8) with the same server and the same settings.

I've also tryed to specify the url in ical server schema [egw_domain/egroupware/groupdav.php/principals/myegwusername] without success.

Can anyone confirm the problem/bug ?


P.S. Here is the Lion log


 iCal: -[CalCalDAVConfigureAccountOperation getAccountPropertiesTask:completedWithError:] Error saving context: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1560 "There were multiple validation errors." UserInfo=0x7fbdff060180 {NSDetailedErrors=(
    "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1570 \"principalPath \U00It's requested" UserInfo={\n    CalManagedObjectType = CalManagedCalDAVPrincipal;\n    NSLocalizedDescription = \"principalPath \\U00It's requested\";\n    NSValidationErrorKey = principalPath;\n    NSValidationErrorObject = \"<CalManagedCalDAVPrincipal: 0x7fbdfe8b3030> (entity: CalDAVPrincipal; id: 0x7fbdff055b80 <x-coredata://5A16E3FE-22D2-471F-9349-C315663E4F07/CalDAVPrincipal/p12> ; data: <fault>)\";\n}",
    "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1570 \"serverURLString \U00It's requested.\" UserInfo={\n    CalManagedObjectType = CalManagedCalDAVAccount;\n    NSLocalizedDescription = \"serverURLString \\U00It's requested.\";\n    NSValidationErrorKey = serverURLString;\n    NSValidationErrorObject = \"<CalManagedCalDAVAccount: 0x7fbdfe8b0b80> (entity: CalDAVAccount; id: 0x7fbdfe834ec0 <x-coredata://5A16E3FE-22D2-471F-9349-C315663E4F07/CalDAVAccount/p10> ; data: <fault>)\";\n}"
David C. Rankin David C. Rankin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

On 07/10/2011 11:11 AM, fzpulce wrote:

> Hi all,
> It seems there are some problem with the new iCal included in Mac OS X Lion
> 10.7.
>
> The new iCal version isn't able to find the ical server.
> Obviously i've configured the new iCal like the old iCal (included in Mac OS
> X 10.6.8) with the same server and the same settings.
>
> I've also tryed to specify the url in ical server schema
> [egw_domain/egroupware/groupdav.php/principals/myegwusername] without
> success.
>
> Can anyone confirm the problem/bug ?
>
>

In your apple device, choose advanced calendar setup and change the port to
your calender to port 443 (SSL On) or port 80 (SSL Off) and the URL to:

https:/your.domain.com:443/egroupware/groupdav.php/yourusername

or

http:/your.domain.com:80/egroupware/groupdav.php/yourusername

At least that is how I got the iphone calendar to work (OS 4.3.3). It woks
fine sync'ing both ways.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AppSumo Presents a FREE Video for the SourceForge Community by Eric
Ries, the creator of the Lean Startup Methodology on "Lean Startup
Secrets Revealed." This video shows you how to validate your ideas,
optimize your ideas and identify your business strategy.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appsumosfdev2dev
_______________________________________________
eGroupWare-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers
fzpulce fzpulce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

The problem here is not how to configure. the problem is that configuration do not work.
Also i'm not configuring an iOS device or iCal 4.0.4 (included in mac os x 10.6.8).
iOS 4.x and iCal 4.0.4 works great.

The problem is with iCal 5.0 (included in Lion 10.7)... this version do not work with egroupware.
I've tryed several configurations but ical refuses to find the cal server.

I've written on the developers board to inform developers of the bug. (i can't tell if it's a EGW bug or ical 5.0 bug anyway)

I've found a workaround. In OSX 10.7 simply replace ~/Library/Calendars with ~/Library/Calendars from 10.6.8

Looking forward to hearing from you
kernell32 kernell32
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

Am 31.07.11 13:15, schrieb kernell32:

> i can confirm this problem.
> ical on osx lion doesn't work on 1.8...
>
> except caldav accounts that you have left from earlier osx version they
> continue to work.
>
> i used identical parameters as in an existing calendar to configure a new
> calendar in ical only difference is username.
> The migrated one from osx 10.6 works the newly create one from osx 10.7
> doesn't create.

I can confirm that, thought I have not yet found what the problem is ...

Ralf
--
Ralf Becker
Director Software Development

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 30575 Kaiserslautern Germany

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
The must-attend event for mobile developers. Connect with experts.
Get tools for creating Super Apps. See the latest technologies.
Sessions, hands-on labs, demos & much more. Register early & save!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-blackberry-1
_______________________________________________
eGroupWare-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

Found and fixed the issue in call branches in svn.

Also fixed no longer working autoconfiguration in iOS 4.3.1+ iCal,
thought that requires to update your .htaccess with the changes in
groupdav.htaccess

Ralf

Am 02.08.11 08:25, schrieb Ralf Becker:

> Am 31.07.11 13:15, schrieb kernell32:
>> i can confirm this problem.
>> ical on osx lion doesn't work on 1.8...
>>
>> except caldav accounts that you have left from earlier osx version they
>> continue to work.
>>
>> i used identical parameters as in an existing calendar to configure a new
>> calendar in ical only difference is username.
>> The migrated one from osx 10.6 works the newly create one from osx 10.7
>> doesn't create.
>
> I can confirm that, thought I have not yet found what the problem is ...
>
> Ralf


--
Ralf Becker
Director Software Development

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 30575 Kaiserslautern Germany

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
The must-attend event for mobile developers. Connect with experts.
Get tools for creating Super Apps. See the latest technologies.
Sessions, hands-on labs, demos & much more. Register early & save!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-blackberry-1
_______________________________________________
eGroupWare-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers
David C. Rankin David C. Rankin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

On 08/02/2011 12:31 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:
> Found and fixed the issue in call branches in svn.
>
> Also fixed no longer working autoconfiguration in iOS 4.3.1+ iCal,
> thought that requires to update your .htaccess with the changes in
> groupdav.htaccess
>
> Ralf
>

   Excellent. I haven't tried the auto configuration, but I can confirm that
the manual configuration with the following continues to work just fine with
IOS 4.3.5 on the iPhone with svn Rev. 35947:

 > In your apple device, choose advanced calendar setup and change the port to
 > your calender to port 443 (SSL On) or port 80 (SSL Off) and the URL to:
 >
 > https:/your.domain.com:443/egroupware/groupdav.php/yourusername
 >
 > or
 >
 > http:/your.domain.com:80/egroupware/groupdav.php/yourusername
 >
 > At least that is how I got the iphone calendar to work (OS 4.3.3). It works
 > fine syncing both ways.

   You guys should really be proud of the EGW design that allows it to
seamlessly interface with the new mobile devices through open-source. That is
the next best thing since sliced bread!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
The must-attend event for mobile developers. Connect with experts.
Get tools for creating Super Apps. See the latest technologies.
Sessions, hands-on labs, demos & much more. Register early & save!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-blackberry-1
_______________________________________________
eGroupWare-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers
Ralf Becker Ralf Becker
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

In reply to this post by fzpulce
Have a look at my other mails in this thread: the issue is fix with latest EGroupware community release 1.8.001.20110805. Which you should use anyway because of fix security problems.

Ralf
--
Ralf Becker
Director Software Development

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 31158 Kaiserslautern Germany

Am 10.07.2011 um 18:14 schrieb fzpulce <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> It seems there are some problem with the new iCal included in Mac OS X Lion
> 10.7.
>
> The new iCal version isn't able to find the ical server.
> Obviously i've configured the new iCal like the old iCal (included in Mac OS
> X 10.6.8) with the same server and the same settings.
>
> I've also tryed to specify the url in ical server schema
> [egw_domain/egroupware/groupdav.php/principals/myegwusername] without
> success.
>
> Can anyone confirm the problem/bug ?
>
>
> P.S. Here is the Lion log
>
>
> iCal: -[CalCalDAVConfigureAccountOperation
> getAccountPropertiesTask:completedWithError:] Error saving context: Error
> Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1560 "There were multiple validation errors."
> UserInfo=0x7fbdff060180 {NSDetailedErrors=(
>    "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1570 \"principalPath \U00It's
> requested" UserInfo={\n    CalManagedObjectType =
> CalManagedCalDAVPrincipal;\n    NSLocalizedDescription = \"principalPath
> \\U00It's requested\";\n    NSValidationErrorKey = principalPath;\n  
> NSValidationErrorObject = \"<CalManagedCalDAVPrincipal: 0x7fbdfe8b3030>
> (entity: CalDAVPrincipal; id: 0x7fbdff055b80
> &lt;x-coredata://5A16E3FE-22D2-471F-9349-C315663E4F07/CalDAVPrincipal/p12&gt;
> ; data: <fault>)\";\n}",
>    "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1570 \"serverURLString \U00It's
> requested.\" UserInfo={\n    CalManagedObjectType =
> CalManagedCalDAVAccount;\n    NSLocalizedDescription = \"serverURLString
> \\U00It's requested.\";\n    NSValidationErrorKey = serverURLString;\n  
> NSValidationErrorObject = \"<CalManagedCalDAVAccount: 0x7fbdfe8b0b80>
> (entity: CalDAVAccount; id: 0x7fbdfe834ec0
> &lt;x-coredata://5A16E3FE-22D2-471F-9349-C315663E4F07/CalDAVAccount/p10&gt;
> ; data: <fault>)\";\n}"
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://egroupware.219119.n3.nabble.com/Apple-iCal-under-osx-Lion-and-egroupware-tp3156971p3156971.html
> Sent from the egroupware-developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> All of the data generated in your IT infrastructure is seriously valuable.
> Why? It contains a definitive record of application performance, security
> threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this data and makes
> sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
> _______________________________________________
> eGroupWare-developers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry&reg; DevCon Americas, Oct. 18-20, San Francisco, CA
The must-attend event for mobile developers. Connect with experts.
Get tools for creating Super Apps. See the latest technologies.
Sessions, hands-on labs, demos & much more. Register early & save!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-blackberry-1
_______________________________________________
eGroupWare-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/egroupware-developers
fzpulce fzpulce
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Apple iCal under osx Lion and egroupware

Hi Ralf,
thank you a million for your work. Your help has been very appreciated (not only by me but also by the whole os x lion users).
I 've just upgraded  to the new egroupware version, and it seems to work ok.

Thanks again

Filippo
Loading...