[Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

jfpbeaupre jfpbeaupre

[Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

Hello,
I have a problem with selecting users for display in the calendar (registration <select name="owner[]" title="Select User" id="uical_select_owner" a> in the code). If I have the right to read the calendar of Mr. Smith and we are not in the same group, I do not see him in the default list. By cons, if I search by clicking on the magnifying glass, I can select and view the schedule for Mr. Smith. However, if I look at someone else's calendar, it disappears from the list and I have to look for him again. If we're both members of the same group, it appears in the dropdown list without any problem. So here, I have users who need to see the schedules of some users without being a member of a common group. Do you know how to change the display settings or do you have a solution to make life easier for my neophyte?
Interestingly, I use version 1.8. I have another eGroupWare version 1.6 and on it, I do not have that problem. Furthermore, with the admin user I do not have that problem. This problem also affects the dropdown list of the participants when we create an event in the calendar

Thank you!
sank sank

Re: [Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

I have the same problem.  I can't invite a group to an event unless I'm in that group.  Changing ACLs makes no difference.  I've searched and searched for the code that makes this popup box, but I have not yet found it.  Can somebody tell me the proper fix, or at least what PHP file has added this new restriction?

Re: [Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

Hi,

this has nothing to do with calendar ACL, but with a general preference: how to select users. Try one of the other settings, to show more user or groups in the selectbox.

Stylite GmbH
[ open style of IT ]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
D - 67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon   +49 (6352) 70629-0
fax   +49 (6352) 70629-30
mobil +49 (170)  3147833
email [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer: Andre Keller,
   Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 30575

Am 13.02.2011 um 01:00 schrieb sank <[hidden email]>:

> I have the same problem.  I can't invite a group to an event unless I'm in
> that group.  Changing ACLs makes no difference.  I've searched and searched
> for the code that makes this popup box, but I have not yet found it.  Can
> somebody tell me the proper fix, or at least what PHP file has added this
> new restriction?

sank sank

Re: [Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

No, actually, it's not about that preference you reference.  I've played with that, and it's already at the "show everybody" setting.  I have found a roundabout way to invite other groups to my events, but I now have to click the 'people' icon followed by the magnifying glass, followed by a blue arrow, followed by 'submit' followed by the 'Add' button.

I can't begin to express how impressive this new process is.
Laurent Laurent

Re: [Calendar 1.8] Can't view some users in the dropdown list

This post was updated on .
Hello,
i have the same problem since the upgrade to 1.8, i know i have the right to see the calendar of many users but i just have few in the dropdown list in left menu.
it seems that i only have users from one of the groups i am in.
ex:
i am in Admins groups and i only see my colleague that is also in.
I also have my groups in the list, but that's all, none of the others users that i have access to.

Maybe some troubles in the list generation...

Update:
Definitively it diisplay only the users in my main group and the others groups that i am member. Maybe the right way it was developped...