Quantcast

Calendar in 16.1 - add participants - strange behaviour

lobokn lobokn

Calendar in 16.1 - add participants - strange behaviour

Hi,
I have couple of groups in my installation of EGW 16.1. After I upgraded from 14.2 I noticed, that
when I tried to add some group as participant to an event (in "Add new participants or resource") , I can't find it in the list.
I can see groups I am member only. If I want to add a group I am not a member I have to write "group" and then
one or two letters from name of group I want to add. In 14.2 I saw all of my groups promptly.

Another thing is that when I add any group to an event I can't see members of that group added.
When I add group in 14.2 I could see group and members of that group added in event.
So I could always check what members I added by adding the group.

Newly I can see in 16.1 while searching for participants, items from "address book" and  "distribution list" and
not only "user accounts" as it was in 14.2. And I like to see "user accounts" only, because no notification
is sent to participant If picked from "address book" or  "distribution list". So it is useless and little confusing for users.

Can someone tell me how I can fix these things ?  Or at least part of it.

Thanks and regards

Luboš

lobokn lobokn

Re: Calendar in 16.1 - add participants - strange behaviour

I addition to my previous post (related to calendar)  I found out, that is impossible to add to your
calendar view, calendar of the group that you are not a member. When I try to search such group,
I never found it. So it is impossible to add if you can not find in search.

Can someone approve (try on his installation) what I wrote in my posts related to calendar ?
And If some know how to fix it, or at least tell witch file is responsible for searching i calendar, let me know please.

Thanks

Luboš
GeorgK GeorgK

Re: Calendar in 16.1 - add participants - strange behaviour

I have written about in german forum but no response:
The group seems not to be the problem. When you assign a category to the address you cannot add this address to a calendar-entry. When you remove all categories from the address, everything works fine.

Georg Klimm

LOHN24.de GmbH Internetlohnabrechnungen ila
Hausanschrift: Jahnstrasse 35 * 12347 Berlin
Postanschrift: Postfach 47 06 69 * 12315 Berlin
Tel: +49 30 6840881-499 * Fax: +49 30 6644208
Internet: http://www.lohn24.de
AG Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 92027
Geschäftsführer Hans-Joachim May, Christoph Ludwigs, Hans-Georg Klimm
USt-ID: DE233965560
lobokn lobokn

Re: Calendar in 16.1 - add participants - strange behaviour

I do not use category. I have the exact problems, I wrote. But maybe it is just on my side.
I do not know and I try to find out. I use LDAP for users and groups. In 14.2 works everything
fine in calendar.
Can you try to add to calendar view any group (from account users, not from address book )
you are not a member ? Just try only to search such group. Let me know your result.
I attached picture for better understanding what I mean.

Thanks

Luboš