Quantcast

Can't open pdf files accessed via webdav

frperalta1 frperalta1

Can't open pdf files accessed via webdav

I have my windows laptop with netdrive as my webdav client connect to my server.  I can see the all the directories and files just fine.  I can download, upload and open  documents.

But I cannot open pdf documents.  I have tried adobe, nitro reader and others.  I consistently get a message that says the file is an unsupported type or the file has been damaged.

Is there a setting necessary in egroupware, web server or client that I am missing.  The only time I cannot open a pdf file is when I access it via webdav.
WLD WLD

Re: Can't open pdf files accessed via webdav

Hmm that's an interesting one, I don't know much about Windows but if there's some equivalent to the "file" command that would identify the magic bytes to confirm what it is you've ended up with.  Also some equivalent to "md5sum" to verify that what you uploaded and what you got out again would be an interesting test to run.  I assume that you've checked the files can be opened before they can be stored?  It would be interesting to see the actual contents of the files you're opening where it complains.  Also check the file sizes are what you expect and they haven't been cropped due to file upload size limits etc.  Another interesting test would be to upload a very small PDF file and see if that works.

WLD

On Friday 27 Jul 2012 20:16:51 frperalta1 wrote:

> I have my windows laptop with netdrive as my webdav client connect to my
> server.  I can see the all the directories and files just fine.  I can
> download, upload and open  documents.
>
> But I cannot open pdf documents.  I have tried adobe, nitro reader and
> others.  I consistently get a message that says the file is an unsupported
> type or the file has been damaged.
>
> Is there a setting necessary in egroupware, web server or client that I am
> missing.  The only time I cannot open a pdf file is when I access it via
> webdav.

frperalta1 frperalta1

Re: Can't open pdf files accessed via webdav

I am thankful for your suggestions.  I finally found the problem.

I had been using an application called PaperPort to handle my pdf's.  That application has a file/directory explorer browser.  I was transferring the files from one folder in PaperPort to another (an samba folder to a webdav folder) and the files were getting corrupted.

When I used Windows Explorer the transfer of files took place without a problem.