Deleting not used forums

Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Deleting not used forums

Hi all,

Stefan notified me about the following mailing list / forum containing
far more spam (4-5 per day) then real messages (1 or 2 per month):
- egroupware-spanish

I think a mailing list / forum like that makes no sense and should be
closed.

Any objections?

I would also remove the following never used mailing lists / forums:
- egroupware-docs
- egroupware-usability

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 31158 Kaiserslautern Germany

LEDVIEW4 LEDVIEW4

Re: Deleting not used forums

Same problem comes to me, but mine is how to make a forum?
www.led-china-manufacture.com
Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla

Re: Deleting not used forums

Hans-Jürgen Tappe Hans-Jürgen Tappe

Re: Deleting not used forums

Hi!

Am 15.08.2011 12:54, schrieb Ralf Becker:
> - egroupware-spanish
> I think a mailing list / forum like that makes no sense and should be
> closed.

I can't vote for nor against this. If there are active supporters for
requests in Spanish language, then a forum may be useful, even though it
contains some spam, but it can be used for those not capable to ask in
English (or German) language.

It could be helpful to have some span filtering / mail-blacklisting /
greylisting in front of the forum addresses if there currently is only
part of the means to reduce spam.

> I would also remove the following never used mailing lists / forums:
> - egroupware-docs
> - egroupware-usability

I would agree on that. Those questions are currently addressed in the
-devel list, which is not too busy that it would need to split that
traffic away. The lists are not currently used.

Best regards,
Hans-Jürgen

P.S.: Please inform http://gmane.org/ about the deletions. ;-)

Stefan Becker Stefan Becker

Re: Deleting not used forums

Hi Oscar,

I put the spanish forum in the moderation mode.
That has now impact for the mailing list.

The users can set the topic to Spam.
If that is done by a lot of users, the spam will be deleted automaticly.
This works fine, in all the other egroupware forum, except the Spanish one.

  May be the users did not know, who to set this.
I would like to keep the Spanish forum, but deleting messages every day,
makes for me no sense.

Lets test that moderation thing for a while.

Stefan

--
Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15   | Tel. +49(0)6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49(0)6352 70629 30
Germany                   | Mobil: 01716998601

Email: [hidden email]      | skype: stefanbecker2