Dumping eTemplates

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Dumping eTemplates

We recently noticed an issue when dumping our eTemplates.
We have two apps, perp_api and perp_ap.  When we dump perp_ap, all of
perp_api's etemplates are included as well.
This is because of the search method used to get perp_ap's etemplates.

Is the name of an app, without anything after it, a valid etemplate?
ex: 'app', not 'app.index'

If not, I'll fix this by changing the search method from 'app%' to
'app.%'.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Dumping eTemplates

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> We recently noticed an issue when dumping our eTemplates.
> We have two apps, perp_api and perp_ap.  When we dump perp_ap, all of
> perp_api's etemplates are included as well.
> This is because of the search method used to get perp_ap's etemplates.
>
> Is the name of an app, without anything after it, a valid etemplate?
> ex: 'app', not 'app.index'
>
> If not, I'll fix this by changing the search method from 'app%' to
> 'app.%'.

Yeap, that's an oversight, searching by app.% is what I just commited.

You noticed I'm only dumping the newest template now and dumping them in
alphabetical order. Keeps the files smaller and makes it easier to spot
the diff.

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller,
        Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Dumping eTemplates

On 3-Oct-09, at 12:18 AM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Nathan Gray schrieb:
>> We have two apps, perp_api and perp_ap.  When we dump perp_ap, all of
>> perp_api's etemplates are included as well....
>
> Yeap, that's an oversight, searching by app.% is what I just commited.
>
> You noticed I'm only dumping the newest template now and dumping
> them in
> alphabetical order. Keeps the files smaller and makes it easier to
> spot
> the diff.

Thanks Ralf.
I did notice.  Makes it much easier to follow the diff.

Speaking of which, what is the best method of collaborating on
eTemplates?
It seems like dump4setup takes priority over Export XML.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Dumping eTemplates

[Export XML] or xml representation has less precedence over the
templates in database. And I'm not sure if the XML Import is 100%
accurate, as it's not been used ...

Ralf