Dutch manual

Oscar van Eijk-3 Oscar van Eijk-3

Dutch manual

Hi all,

I'm a bit disappointed by the Dutch eGW manual at the moment. Right now, I'm
working on 2 big eGW implentations for which I'ld like to see a more active
Dutch community, or at least up-to-date information.

My questions to all ye:
- Is the Dutch site (egroupware.nl) still being actively maintained?
- Is somebody still working on the Dutch manual translation?
- For those Q's that'll be answered with "No", does anybode object if I
reanimate this?

Take care,
Oscar
--

Oscar van Eijk

Oveas Functionality Provider
Zwaardenburg 63 -- 3437 RJ Nieuwegein
T: +31(0)30 - 889 7812 -- F: +31(0)30 - 889 9117
[http://oveas.com -- <a href="mailto:[hidden email]">[hidden email] ->
http://oveas.com]

Re: Dutch manual

Hi Oscar,

Oscar van Eijk schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bit disappointed by the Dutch eGW manual at the moment. Right now, I'm
> working on 2 big eGW implentations for which I'ld like to see a more active
> Dutch community, or at least up-to-date information.
>
> My questions to all ye:
> - Is the Dutch site (egroupware.nl) still being actively maintained?

The domain is owned by Pim Snel, you need to contact him.
I think it makes more sense adding Dutch translations (if not already
done) to www.egroupware.org and forwarding there. You can now translate
nearly all content (incl. the news) on egroupware.org.

> - Is somebody still working on the Dutch manual translation?

Not that I know. We (Stylite and Outdoor Unlimited) are currently
finishing the 1.6 Manual. If it's done, we will backport the texts to
the wiki on egroupware.org. If you make your translation there, it also
has the benefit that the manual is online available for everyone.

> - For those Q's that'll be answered with "No", does anybode object if I
> reanimate this?

Nope :-)

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Gudrun Müller,
        Nigel Vickers und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Oscar van Eijk-3 Oscar van Eijk-3

Re: Dutch manual

Ok, I'll pick up the Dutch manual translations.

Can a site admin mail me a backup of the Wiki tables of the (English) manual? I'ld prefer to do the translations locally and copy them back later, so site visitors won't be bothered with half work...

Oscar

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 07:22 +0200, Ralf Becker wrote:
Hi Oscar,

Oscar van Eijk schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bit disappointed by the Dutch eGW manual at the moment. Right now, I'm
> working on 2 big eGW implentations for which I'ld like to see a more active
> Dutch community, or at least up-to-date information.
>
> My questions to all ye:
> - Is the Dutch site (egroupware.nl) still being actively maintained?

The domain is owned by Pim Snel, you need to contact him.
I think it makes more sense adding Dutch translations (if not already
done) to www.egroupware.org and forwarding there. You can now translate
nearly all content (incl. the news) on egroupware.org.

> - Is somebody still working on the Dutch manual translation?

Not that I know. We (Stylite and Outdoor Unlimited) are currently
finishing the 1.6 Manual. If it's done, we will backport the texts to
the wiki on egroupware.org. If you make your translation there, it also
has the benefit that the manual is online available for everyone.

> - For those Q's that'll be answered with "No", does anybode object if I
> reanimate this?

Nope :-)

Re: Dutch manual

Hi Oscar,

you can use Admin >> Manual / Help >> Site config to setup your
egroupware as local manual (url empty, and wiki-id 0) and then use Admin
>> Manual / Help >> Install or update the manual to download the current
manual from egroupware.org.

Dont update after you start translating, as the update overwrites
without asking!

Ralf