EGroupware-Asterisk

Rafael Chacón Rafael Chacón

EGroupware-Asterisk

Hi,

Now, is it possible to integrate EGroupware and Asterisk?

I explain myself: Is it possible to do a phone call from the EGroupware/InfoLog? When incoming a phone_call, is it possible to open the AdressBook in the respective contact?

I found document that is possible, but this documentation is very old.

Best regards, Rafael.

el_es el_es

Re: EGroupware-Asterisk

On 03/11/16 18:26, Rafael Chacón wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now, is it possible to integrate EGroupware and Asterisk?
>
> I explain myself: Is it possible to do a phone call from the
> EGroupware/InfoLog? When incoming a phone_call, is it possible to
> open the AdressBook in the respective contact?
>
> I found document that is possible, but this documentation is very
> old.
>
> Best regards, Rafael.

I saw that long time ago, there were even some modules (for 1.6 ?) on Github somewhere...
but now, if this http://community.freepbx.org/t/sugarcrm-and-freepbx-integration/37830/6
takes off, it could be interesting ;)

-L.

el_es el_es

Re: EGroupware-Asterisk

On 03/11/16 18:26, Rafael Chacón wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now, is it possible to integrate EGroupware and Asterisk?
>
> I explain myself: Is it possible to do a phone call from the
> EGroupware/InfoLog? When incoming a phone_call, is it possible to
> open the AdressBook in the respective contact?

Further thoughts;

I actually tried this, it is possible without deep Asterisk and Egroupware integration

(but only since there is now a way in recent Egroupware to open a search URL -
see post from Ralf Becker on 7/10/15 10:43, "Re: Opening CRM View from external Application via URL or script")

I used that and it worked like this:

- I have a VoIP Softphone installed (TSIP, http://tomeko.net/software/SIPclient/index.php)
that supports a HTTP Query action - opens an URL in default browser with the [number] placeholder
filled in with the number, so

https://localhost/egroupware/index.php?menuaction=addressbook.addressbook_ui.view&search=%22[number]%22&ajax=true&cd=yes

is how I invoked it;

- you can set that to happen on agent action OR on every incoming call

- the agent has to be logged in in another tab of their browser too

That until / if ever / the CRM integration takes off on e.g. FreePBX ;)

> I found document that is possible, but this documentation is very
> old.
>
> Best regards, Rafael.

Lukasz

Rafael Chacón Rafael Chacón

Re: EGroupware-Asterisk

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I will study it.

We are using Linux machines (servers and laptops/desktops). I tried egw-pbx.

I am going to explore if is possible to modify the integration between SugarCRM and FreePBX (actually we use SuiteCRM) to use something like that in EGroupware/FreePBX (or else, we are going to use SuiteCRM/FreePBX with synchronization SuiteCRM/EGroupware; It is a must that people sees customer files when incoming call; or generate and control a phone-call agenda --telemarketing--).

Best regards, Rafael.

On 03/11/16 18:26, Rafael Chacón wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now, is it possible to integrate EGroupware and Asterisk?
>
> I explain myself: Is it possible to do a phone call from the
> EGroupware/InfoLog? When incoming a phone_call, is it possible to
> open the AdressBook in the respective contact?

Further thoughts;

I actually tried this, it is possible without deep Asterisk and Egroupware integration

(but only since there is now a way in recent Egroupware to open a search URL -
see post from Ralf Becker on 7/10/15 10:43, "Re: Opening CRM View from external Application via URL or script")

I used that and it worked like this:

- I have a VoIP Softphone installed (TSIP, http://tomeko.net/software/SIPclient/index.php)
that supports a HTTP Query action - opens an URL in default browser with the [number] placeholder
filled in with the number, so

https://localhost/egroupware/index.php?menuaction=addressbook.addressbook_ui.view&search=%22[number]%22&ajax=true&cd=yes

is how I invoked it;

- you can set that to happen on agent action OR on every incoming call

- the agent has to be logged in in another tab of their browser too

That until / if ever / the CRM integration takes off on e.g. FreePBX ;)

> I found document that is possible, but this documentation is very
> old.
>
> Best regards, Rafael.

Lukasz

Alex Slepyshev Alex Slepyshev

Re: EGroupware-Asterisk

I have extended integration Asterisk and Egroupware. The main condition for integration - use postgresql as storage.
Small script in asterisk check incoming phone number, get exist contact or create new contact as new phone number and then link it to ticket in Tracker. Then create task in Infolog and link with ticket. Then check "Phone project" in current month. If project exist - link task in this project.
Other side of integration - add new user in Egroupware create new asterisk user as phone number in user work phone in input dialog.