Quantcast

EGroupware Community Version 1.8 release candidate available

Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

EGroupware Community Version 1.8 release candidate available

What's new in EGroupware v1.8?

It contains many improvements AND lot's of bugfixes over the 1.6
release. To name a few:

* Inclusion of postinstall script from EPL (automatic install/update)
* Full timezone support including recurring events
* Visualisation of participant status of events, mark invitations
* EMail 3PaneView, folder tree in sidebox, import ical/vcard onclick,
select all messages in folder
* Infolog: print and copy
* Addressbook mergeprint supports now MS- and OpenOffice xml formats
* Many useful extensions and adaptations as well as bug-fixes in all
modules.
* for a full list and for technical details see www.egroupwre.org/changelog

Recommended installation is now via server:eGroupware repository from
openSUSE build service:

* SUSE: openSUSE 11.* or SLES 10/1
* Red Hat: Fedora 12/3, RHEL 5 or CentOS 5
* Mandriva 2008-10
* Debian 5
* Ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04

Tar and ZIP archives are available via sourceforge.net.

Please consult the release notes for further information (download URL,
requirements, repository URL, etc):

        www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.8

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller,
        Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: EGroupware Community Version 1.8 release candidate available

An updated release candidate (1.8.001.20100929) is available from the
usual sources (see the replied mail).

It fixes most of the bugs reported on the lists our via our tracker.

If there are no critical reports in the next 2 weeks, final 1.8 will be
released mid October.

I recommend looking into 1.8 release notes, for the requirements and
last minute updates:

        www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.8

Ralf