Error in Knowledge BAse update.

rsteinmetz70112 rsteinmetz70112

Error in Knowledge BAse update.

We use the Knowledge Base to store company policy and other significant information. Today I tried to update one article and I could edit it just fine but when I tried to save it I got the error message below.

Database error

Invalid SQL: UPDATE egw_kb_articles SET title='New Orleans Network Information',topic= [HTML for entore article inserted here.]
Incorrect string value: '\xC2&nbsp...' for column 'text' at row 1 (1366)

How can I fix it? Egroupware 16.1.005 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
--

Robert Steinmetz AIA
Principal

New Orleans & Atlanta

Ralf Becker-5 Ralf Becker-5

Re: Error in Knowledge BAse update.

Hi Robert,

Am 17.07.17 um 17:19 schrieb Robert Steinmetz AIA:

> We use the Knowledge Base to store company policy and other
> significant information. Today I tried to update one article and I
> could edit it just fine but when I tried to save it I got the error
> message below.
>

>       Database error
>
> *Invalid SQL: UPDATE egw_kb_articles SET title='New Orleans Network
> Information',topic= [HTML for entore article inserted here.] Incorrect
> string value: '\xC2&nbsp...' for column 'text' at row 1 (1366)*
Looks like your article contains a non utf-8 character "\xC2" at the
beginning of it and MySQL does not like that.

I would view the html source of the article and fix / remove it there.

Ralf

> How can I fix it? Egroupware 16.1.005 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
>

> --
>
> Robert Steinmetz AIA
> Principal
> Steinmetz & Associates
>
> New Orleans & Atlanta

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0