How best to sync shared calendar events for all users to mobile device

David C. Rankin David C. Rankin

How best to sync shared calendar events for all users to mobile device

Ralf, all,

   With sync working for the iphone 4, what is the best way get shared events
to sync to each person's device? For example, Ralf adds an event to the
calender and when david syncs his calender to his iphone, he will see the
event that Ralf added.

   What I have done so far is to just grant access to calendars on a per user
basis and then to add a common group as the participant for the event in the
event entry 'Participant' tab.

   I don't know if both are necessary. I think I could probably get away with
using the common group as the participant, but I though I would check here to
see what the 'proper' way to do it was.

   Is the rule that the "iphone gets all the events that the user is a
participant of", or does it work some other way?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Re: How best to sync shared calendar events for all users to mobile device

Hi David,

CalDAV by default sync all events you participate or you're invited.

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 31158 Kaiserslautern Germany