How is your work enviroment?

Rennan Rennan

How is your work enviroment?

Hi Nathan,

I'm a Brazilian developer and I'm starting now to study pERP code. I would like to work with tools like you use for development. Can you describe me your work enviroment? What operating system,  programming and debug tools do you use?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards.
Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: How is your work enviroment?

On 7-Nov-08, at 12:08 PM, Rennan wrote:

> ...Can you describe me
> your work enviroment? What operating system,  programming and debug
> tools do
> you use?

Most of my work is on our development server (debian).  I use ssh to
get there.  My computer is a mac, but that doesn't matter too much.

Programming tools: vi (VIM - Vi IMproved version 7.1.314 ), svn, grep,
less, etc.

I debug with echo, _debug_array() (provided by eGW) or var_dump(), and
die(), as well as the server (Apache & MySQL) logs.  xdebug helps out
for the really nasty bugs.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com