Quantcast

Install permission denied

uherczeg uherczeg

Install permission denied

On installing PERP on ############## 6_3_stock_on_hand Start this step. (clicking this link will bring you to the form to complete this step) Description: _6_3_stock_on_hand_description_body Status: 32/33 ############### I get the message: #################################### Permission denied! perp_inventory Click here to resume your eGroupWare Session. ###################################### Can someone tell me what is going wrong here?

Re: Install permission denied

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Uwe Herczeg <[hidden email]> wrote:
YESSSSSSS !

And I have to adjust the "depends" statements on various setup.php.inc
files to accept as environment the Release 1.8 of eGroupware.

Can I have a diff?  I can put those changes into SVN.

Now all is installed and I will begin with filling it with appropriate
data.

Looks fine to now! Do You work on the software furthermore? It would be
fine to have this application developed in future, I could help with
some experiences in trading and adjusting in Germany also.

Glad to hear you got it going.
projectERP lost its sponsor company in 2009 so with nobody paying for continuing work, it's hard for one guy to find the time or interest to add too many new things.  I do use it in my business, so you can probably count on it continuing to work with 1.8, but I'm not a small to medium manufacturing company.  I also try to be fairly good with any bugs that are found.

el_es el_es

On 10/12/2012 18:02, Nathan Gray wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Uwe Herczeg
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> YESSSSSSS !

Glad to see someone else did it too :)
(my discussions with Nathan should probably still be on in the archive,
please take my words with a pinch-of-salt 'cause accountancy is not my forte... still.)

> And I have to adjust the "depends" statements on various
> setup.php.inc files to accept as environment the Release 1.8 of
> eGroupware.
>

> Can I have a diff?  I can put those changes into SVN.

Oh nice :>
Looking fwd to that (I made too much mess on mine I think, I think
I will start over, from scratch)

> [uherczeg]
> Now all is installed and I will begin with filling it with
> appropriate data.

My experience is a mix of 'wow' and 'd'oh', of my own fault too
(pERP trunk + EGW 1.8 CE from packages on Debian Wheezy/Testing...)

Mistakes I made:

- setting up the GL accounts, I put alphanumerics into where numbers should be...
took me some time to straighten up and I still don't know if it works right.
(i.e. when setting GL, only use NUMBERS where it says ACCOUNT NUMBER...)

- I still have absolutely no idea if I didn't miss something vital, even my
accountant wasn't sure...

- I think I started with too complex multi-level BOM as the 'first product'
(starting over, I would rather do it flat at first, it is all done in one place anyway,
so far).

So it is probably rather my fault that my installation started behaving weird,
but I'm a bit time-poor at the moment too, still, don't want to give pERP up.

(there is a db dump of an 'example company' which I haven't tried but I think,
I will, next time round)

> Looks fine to now! Do You work on the software furthermore? It would
> be fine to have this application developed in future, I could help
> with some experiences in trading and adjusting in Germany also.
>

> Glad to hear you got it going. projectERP lost its sponsor company in
> 2009 so with nobody paying for continuing work, it's hard for one guy
> to find the time or interest to add too many new things.  I do use it
> in my business, so you can probably count on it continuing to work
> with 1.8, but I'm not a small to medium manufacturing company.  I
> also try to be fairly good with any bugs that are found.
>
> Nathan

Kind Regards,
Lukasz