Link in external calendar

d.tamm d.tamm

Link in external calendar

Hi. I am using several calendars, some are in my eGW, but I have even other (read only) calendars from the internet which I need to display and update. In Thunderbird, it is no problem to subscribe to different sources, but my PDA and mobile phones are syncing via SyncML (Funambol) where I can have only one source (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

So my question is whether I can link in (subscribe to read-only) such external calendars (supposed to be in iCal format), in a similar way I can display them in Google calendar, and this way make them available for synchronisation via SyncML?
If there is no one having solved a similar problem, I am planning to write my own cron script which will fetch the external calendars and put them in a dedicated user's or resource's calendar in eGW each night (by directly manipulating the corresponding table in the underlying eGW database).

Thanks!

Re: Link in external calendar

Hi,

There's currently no possibility to subscribe to iCal calendars. It's on my longterm todo list, as I want to replace eg. our current holiday system with it.

I strongly advise against manipulating EGroupware DB tables directly. You will be stuck with the version you coded it for. Much easier and more portable between versions would be to use a CalDAV PUT request to create the events.

Stylite GmbH
[ open style of IT ]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
D - 67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon   +49 (6352) 70629-0
fax   +49 (6352) 70629-30
mobil +49 (170)  3147833
email [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer: Andre Keller,
   Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 30575