Quantcast

Lithuanian translation - encoding of files

Piotras Piotras

Lithuanian translation - encoding of files

Hello,

I'm from Lithuania and want to translate egroupware to Lithuanian.
I have question: What encoding of lang files should be? UTF8 without BOM
works well for me.

Piotras

Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla

Re: Lithuanian translation - encoding of files

Piotras Piotras

Re: Lithuanian translation - encoding of files

Hi, Oscar.

I'm going to submit a portion of translation in zip to patches next week.
How much time passes between a submission of translation and adding it to
eGreoupWare distribution?

Regards,
Piotras

Piotras Cimmperman escribió:
> Hi, Oscar.
>
> I'm going to submit a portion of translation in zip to patches next week.
> How much time passes between a submission of translation and adding it to
> eGreoupWare distribution?

Well, usually it takes up to one week to submit translation patches to
the repository. Then, take that the stable release 1.6 has just been
released, and for a new release to be packaged, it's necessary some kind
of justification, like lots of bug fixes that were breaking some
functionality or a security issue, and changes in a translation don't
justifiy a new packaging. But once your changes have been submitted to
the repository, anybody that uses subversion instead of the packages can
have the changes inmediately. Also, if your changes are submitted and it
happens that some of the "requirements" for a new packaging happen, your
changes will be included. I hope this answers your question.

The strategy is to work in the trunk branch, where everything before a
release is available (regardless other advantages, of course), and you
can have a translation ready before the release (please reread my
previous reply about working online). So, I encouraged people here in
this list about almost two months ago to work on their translations
before the new release is ready. At this time, you can only try to do as
best as possible until the next packaging.

Regards.

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:46:23 +0100, Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Piotras. Welcome to the translation list!
>>

>> You don't need to take care about the charset for the lang files,
>> because since some months ago it's forced to be utf-8. Also, you can
>> translate online, in whose case let me know privately.
>>

>> Also, if you didn't do it yet (or carefully enough) please take a look
>> at the different explanations about the translation issues (howto,
>> contribute, etc).
>>

>> Regards.

- --

| http://counter.li.org info: Linux user: 92390 - Linux machine: 39301 |
|        Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla - omgsATescomposlinux.org        |
|                 GPG Key at http://keyserver.pgp.com                  |

Piotras Piotras

Re: Lithuanian translation - encoding of files

Hi, Oscar

I have sent the Lithuanian translation to you, but in page http://www.egroupware.org/languages, there is no updated information about a state of translation to Lithuanian. Is there any problem?

Piotras

<quote author="Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla">