Mass change of Account numbers

el_es el_es

Mass change of Account numbers

Hello,

I had the unfortunate brainwave of entering Account Numbers as ... text because
the perp setup wizard didn't disallow that :J and the account chart has no
option to edit them.... and adding new, then changing from old to new set of
accounts (with proper numbers on them this time) and assigning to the whole
inventory anew, is something I'd rather avoid if can be done quickly and /relatively/
seamlessly.

Is it OK to manipulate the table(s) where the Account Numbers are stored,
directly on db (eg. with MySQLAdmin) ? Will I have to subst the acc. no.
in the inventory table too (are the Account Numbers used as ID directly)?

I guess no other egw/perp activity is advisable then, but that's not a problem
(It's single user at the moment);

Kind Regards
Lukasz

el_es el_es

Re: Mass change of Account numbers

Hello Nathan,

since I decided to go through every place the account /numbers/ are, and to correct them,
(and it seems to not be as bad a process as I thought, tabs in Firefox are a wonderful thing...)

does the Account Group ID also have to be numeric-only for things to work correctly?
(thing is, in Admin- General Ledger - Admin-account_group, i already have balance
(in on hand and adjust groups)...)

or is it OK to leave group ID alphanumeric instead of number-only?

Lukasz