Multisite installation admin

Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla

Multisite installation admin

Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Multisite installation admin

Hi Oscar,

Am 25.09.11 11:49, schrieb Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla:

> Hi.
>

> I'm going to test an egroupware multisite installation. I have done this
> with my own personal installation some time ago, and now I wonder if
> there have been improvements about a kind of global superadmin
> user/group for this kind of installation. I didn't investigate, and I
> also remember that some years ago when I was at stylite, at least the
> global admin was raised, but I don't know its current status.

No, there's no such thing as a global admin.
You can use header-admin-user to log into each domains setup, but that's
all.

> Theorically I should install the last stable version, but if there's
> some test about this issue that is in advance about this, I'd like to know.

Not that I know, thought I expect we will have a new community install
in the next month.

> I was thinking about using ldap, and I was wondering if a common ou for
> all users in all domains but using a specific ou for the group for every
> domain could work. I don't what could happen for users not in a specific
> group, or the default group (handling all users) had no access. I don't
> know if I could start today, but if so, I'll try to test it.

We usually use an o=domain.com,dc=local as base for each instance,
domain.com matches the email domain, so a mail-server can work on
dc=local to server all domains. An EGroupware instance use only it's own
o=something, and can so not interfere with other domains.

Anyway if you think about hosting EGroupware, you might want to give
Andre a call about reselling our hosting ...

Stylite AG

Morschheimer Strasse 15 | Tel. +49 6352 70629 0
D-67292 Kirchheimbolanden | Fax. +49 6352 70629 30

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

Commerzbank BLZ 55040022 | Account 218111300
IBAN DE33 5504 0022 0218 1113 00 | BIC COBADEFFXXX
VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 31158 Kaiserslautern Germany

Ralf Becker escribió:
> Hi Oscar,

Hi, Ralf.

> Am 25.09.11 11:49, schrieb Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla:
>>
>> Hi.
>>

>> I'm going to test an egroupware multisite installation. I have done this
>> with my own personal installation some time ago, and now I wonder if
>> there have been improvements about a kind of global superadmin
>> user/group for this kind of installation. I didn't investigate, and I
>> also remember that some years ago when I was at stylite, at least the
>> global admin was raised, but I don't know its current status.
>
> No, there's no such thing as a global admin.
> You can use header-admin-user to log into each domains setup, but that's
> all.

I think I'll have to stick on the admin user for every installation.

>> I was thinking about using ldap, and I was wondering if a common ou for
>> all users in all domains but using a specific ou for the group for every
>> domain could work. I don't what could happen for users not in a specific
>> group, or the default group (handling all users) had no access. I don't
>> know if I could start today, but if so, I'll try to test it.
>
> We usually use an o=domain.com,dc=local as base for each instance,
> domain.com matches the email domain, so a mail-server can work on
> dc=local to server all domains. An EGroupware instance use only it's own
> o=something, and can so not interfere with other domains.

Well, the multidomain is not for different corporations, but groups of
people in a common project, but theorically very big. Surely there will
be only sitemanager and wiki, and maybe calendar and/or tasks, but not
email nor most of the modules. But I sill need to be confirmed because
wiki will be the most used part, and I've proposed egw just in order to
cover some possible extra funcionalities beyond wiki, in whose case
maybe mediawiki could be a better option. I have to investigate about
possible lacks of egw wiki.

> Anyway if you think about hosting EGroupware, you might want to give
> Andre a call about reselling our hosting ...

The project already exists and is hosted, so this would an extra.

Regards.

> Ralf

- --
| http://counter.li.org info: Linux user: 92390 - Linux machine: 39301 |
|        Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla - omgsATescomposlinux.org        |
|                 GPG Key at http://keyserver.pgp.com                  |