Open feature request on fixing Address display Order...

David C. Rankin David C. Rankin

Open feature request on fixing Address display Order...

Gesellschaft
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=46uT..&search=Gesellschaft> der
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=46uT..&search=der> Freunde
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=46uT..&search=Freunde> , Society of
Friends:

    We have been trying to get the addressbook display fixed to that the
addresses are shown like:

Address1
Address 2
City, State Zip
Country

   This is the way all address are handled in the US (not to say other
countries shouldn't have an option for their preference as well).
However in 24376, the addresses are still displayed like this:

 adr_one_countryname
 adr_one_locality, adr_one_region adr_one_postalcode
 adr_one_street
 adr_one_street2

    This is upside down for everyone in the US and makes it very
difficult for users to cut and paste addresses without having to cut and
paste again to switch the street lines and locality, region and postal
code lines again.  ??`Is there any home of getting a svn release with
the address display switched to:

 adr_one_street
 adr_one_street2
 adr_one_locality, adr_one_region adr_one_postalcode
 adr_one_countryname

    Thanks for all the great work.  Also, what file would I have to edit
to change the display??? Do I have to use etemplate?? I am still not
that comfortable with the grid use in etemplate and don't want to mess
anything up. I can find addressbook.index.rows 1.4.002, but I can't
figure out how to change the display order.

    Thanks.

drankinatty.vcf (329 bytes) Download Attachment
shed_csl shed_csl

Re: Open feature request on fixing Address display Order...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but we have the same problem in the UK.

It makes a lot more sense to us to have the address in the order described in the OP:

Address 1
Address 2
City, State Zip
Country

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.

David C. Rankin wrote
[...]

begin:vcard
fn:David Rankin
n:Rankin;David
org:Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
adr:;;510 Ochiltree Street;Nacogdoches;Texas;75961-4408;U.S.
email;internet:drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com
title:Attorney
tel;work:(936) 715-9333
tel;fax:(936) 715-9339