Optomizing Egroupware

rsteinmetz70112 rsteinmetz70112

Optomizing Egroupware

Is there any information on optimizing Egroupware on Linux for a small workgroup of 6-10 users at a time.
I use Apache2 and php7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
I have opcashe, enabled with the default options but there are a lot of options. Do any of them really help or need to be tweaked?
Is the apcu package helpful?
--
Signature Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal

rob.vcf (481 bytes) Download Attachment
obsazeny.cz obsazeny.cz

Re: Optomizing Egroupware

Dne 22.03.2017 v 21:10 Robert Steinmetz napsal(a):
Is there any information on optimizing Egroupware on Linux for a small workgroup of 6-10 users at a time.
I use Apache2 and php7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
I have opcashe, enabled with the default options but there are a lot of options. Do any of them really help or need to be tweaked?
Is the apcu package helpful?
--
Signature Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal
Steinmetz & Associates

Hi,

I have about the same config and users and never felt a need to optimize anything. 5 people working cause no significant load on server. So pretty much use the default setup.

Daniel

rsteinmetz70112 rsteinmetz70112

rob.vcf (481 bytes) Download Attachment
Ralf Becker-5 Ralf Becker-5

Re: Optomizing Egroupware

Hi Robert,

Am 22.03.17 um 21:10 schrieb Robert Steinmetz:
> Is there any information on optimizing Egroupware on Linux for a small
> workgroup of 6-10 users at a time.
> I use Apache2 and php7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> I have opcashe, enabled with the default options but there are a lot
> of options. Do any of them really help or need to be tweaked?
> Is the apcu package helpful?

Yes, you should always install APCu and OPCache for EGroupware.

APCu is used for many objects to not query them again and again from the
database. If APCu is not available we fall back to files in /tmp, which
is usually at least one magnitude slower.

> Signature Robert Steinmetz, AIA
> Principal
> Steinmetz &Associates

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0

Scott Martin Scott Martin

Re: Optomizing Egroupware

Hi Ralf,

> Hi Robert,
>
> Am 22.03.17 um 21:10 schrieb Robert Steinmetz:
>> Is there any information on optimizing Egroupware on Linux for a small
>> workgroup of 6-10 users at a time.
>> I use Apache2 and php7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>> I have opcashe, enabled with the default options but there are a lot
>> of options. Do any of them really help or need to be tweaked?
>> Is the apcu package helpful?
>
> Yes, you should always install APCu and OPCache for EGroupware.

> APCu is used for many objects to not query them again and again from the
> database. If APCu is not available we fall back to files in /tmp, which
> is usually at least one magnitude slower.
>
> Ralf

Does the openSuse packages install APCu & OPCache by default? We are running Debian Jessie and should they be installed from Debian's repositories?

Thank you
Scott Martin

Ralf Becker-5 Ralf Becker-5

Re: Optomizing Egroupware

Hi Scott,

Am 04.04.17 um 11:17 schrieb Scott Martin:

> Hi Ralf,
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Am 22.03.17 um 21:10 schrieb Robert Steinmetz:
>>> Is there any information on optimizing Egroupware on Linux for a small
>>> workgroup of 6-10 users at a time.
>>> I use Apache2 and php7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>>> I have opcashe, enabled with the default options but there are a lot
>>> of options. Do any of them really help or need to be tweaked?
>>> Is the apcu package helpful?
>> Yes, you should always install APCu and OPCache for EGroupware.
>
>> APCu is used for many objects to not query them again and again from the
>> database. If APCu is not available we fall back to files in /tmp, which
>> is usually at least one magnitude slower.
>>
>> Ralf
> Does the openSuse packages install APCu & OPCache by default? We are running Debian Jessie and should they be installed from Debian's repositories?
The recommend APCu and OPCache.

APCu Package seems to be available for Jessie
(https://packages.debian.org/jessie/php5-apcu). I would expect OPCache
to be available too, as it is part of PHP since 5.5, maybe I dont find
the package because it is part of php5-common ...

Within EGroupware you can easily check if both PHP extensions are
installed and enabled: Admin >> PHP Informations

Ralf

> Thank you
> Scott Martin

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0

Scott Martin Scott Martin

Re: Optomizing Egroupware

Hi Ralf,

> Hi Scott,
>
> Am 04.04.17 um 11:17 schrieb Scott Martin:
>> Hi Ralf,
>>
>>> Hi Robert,

>>> Yes, you should always install APCu and OPCache for EGroupware.
>>
>>> APCu is used for many objects to not query them again and again from the
>>> database. If APCu is not available we fall back to files in /tmp, which
>>> is usually at least one magnitude slower.
>>>
>>> Ralf
>> Does the openSuse packages install APCu & OPCache by default? We are running
>> Debian Jessie and should they be installed from Debian's repositories?
>
> The recommend APCu and OPCache.
>
> APCu Package seems to be available for Jessie
> (https://packages.debian.org/jessie/php5-apcu). I would expect OPCache
> to be available too, as it is part of PHP since 5.5, maybe I dont find
> the package because it is part of php5-common ...
>
> Within EGroupware you can easily check if both PHP extensions are
> installed and enabled: Admin >> PHP Informations

Thank you for your response, Both show up in PHP Info, OP Cache shows as zend opcache

Regards,
Scott