Pass an extra parameter to link-entry's ajax_search()

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Pass an extra parameter to link-entry's ajax_search()

I'm implementing the onchange handler for link-entry, and I need to
pass a flag to the ajax search, so I can add an extra 'Select' result
at the top.  Without it, you can't select the first or only result.
How would I go about passing this extra flag along when there is an
onchange?  $extension_data does not appear to be available.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Pass an extra parameter to link-entry's ajax_search()

Funny coincidence, I'm working since half an hour on exactly that :-)

I want to use a link-entry together with a nextmatch-customheader. That
works ok, thought I have no onchange="this.form.submit", which is needed
to filter by that entry.

Ralf

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> I'm implementing the onchange handler for link-entry, and I need to
> pass a flag to the ajax search, so I can add an extra 'Select' result
> at the top.  Without it, you can't select the first or only result.
> How would I go about passing this extra flag along when there is an
> onchange?  $extension_data does not appear to be available.
>
> Nathan Gray
> nathan at goarctic dot com

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller,
        Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

On 23-Sep-09, at 9:12 AM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> Funny coincidence, I'm working since half an hour on exactly that :-)
>
> I want to use a link-entry together with a nextmatch-customheader.
> That
> works ok, thought I have no onchange="this.form.submit", which is
> needed
> to filter by that entry.

Heh.  I'm adding the ability to filter custom fields that are links to
other apps :)

I've got the nextmatch stuff finished, I was just waiting for that
last bit to commit.
How far are you?  Should I commit my nm changes?

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Pass an extra parameter to link-entry's ajax_search()

Go ahead and commit it.

I'm working in link-widget, I dont think I need a nextmatch-widget
modification.

Ralf

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

On 23-Sep-09, at 9:21 AM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> I'm working in link-widget, ...

Very nice, even better than I'd imagined with the 'Show all / Clear'
option.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com