Perp 0.4 on EGroupware 1.8: seems to work but the read-only field in 'new stock item' is not filled

el_es el_es

Perp 0.4 on EGroupware 1.8: seems to work but the read-only field in 'new stock item' is not filled

Hello Nathan and developers!
I managed to install pERP on EGW CE 1.8, (by editing $perp-module/setup/setup.inc.php
in relevant places, to mark installed EGW modules compatible with it).
I installed pERP 0.4 from tarball.
I run this on Firefox 15.0 (also tried on 14.1)

(I DO NOT wish to run egw 1.6 from tarball, thank you very much, I run latest stable EGW from
Debian packages)

I am still very early stage with pERP, trying to figure out how most of it functions
(although I could say I have some background in this area, for the purpose of my
deployment it is very... baroque, at the moment at least)

The problem I have is:
When I try to enter a new stock item, the first field (Stock Code) is not an edit box.
Hence, when pressing 'Save', the content of it is not 'made up by pERP' as advertized,
but I get a message 'Missing stock number'.

I have a feeling it is because of etemplate changes between last supported version
(1.6) to what I am trying to run it on (1.8)

The resulting HTML code for the relevant section looks like:

[in etemplate, this is usually obtained by setting the field read-only]

whereas, the Description input box below looks like

<input name="exec[short_description]" value="" id="exec[short_description]" size="50" maxlength="50">

I decided to give you a heads-up because it may be just OK to edit the etemplate (or the php code
directly)(which I haven't done yet) to get this piece to work, however, I wanted to ask first if
there is an alternative? Also if there are other fields like that in other forms in pERP, they may need
the same treatment.

(I'll happily try from SVN, if it contains the fix for this already?)

Sorry for my baroque style,
hope I made my question clear enough;
Kind Regards,
Lukasz

el_es el_es

Re: Perp 0.4 on EGroupware 1.8: seems to work but the read-only field in 'new stock item' is not filled

On 04/09/2012 19:38, Nathan Gray wrote:

> Stock codes also tend to be... involved.. depending on your organization.
> Make sure you do the setup first.  Did you set up stock code
> formatting under Admin -> Inventory -> Site configuration?
> For example, I use:
> %1$05d
> Which gives me 5 digit stock stock codes, with leading 0.  Without a
> stock code format, you won't get anything.

For future questions in case someone asks on the list: yes that seems to have done the trick.

Could it be a more exposed option in documentation / more helpful error message made ?
(are there more places where this is required ?)

Also I will try SVN in near future, as there is a glitch :
when saving the new inventory line, the page goes blank;
when clicked 'back' it comes back to 'new inventory line edit' of next sequence number,
but then, on inventory list, the new line is shown, so I gather it works.

(I am also evaluating OpenERP but it is even more baroque than pERP ;J to me... also I
prefer something I can open in a browser thank you very much ;L )

> Nathan

Lukasz