Quantcast

Perp trunk : confusing header when entering new bank account [minor but confusing nevertheless]

el_es el_es

Perp trunk : confusing header when entering new bank account [minor but confusing nevertheless]

Hello Developers,

Perp trunk, EGW 1.8 from packages;

Going into General Ledger - Admin - bank_account (via perp_setup_wizard),

The text 'New bank account' just above the field where one is supposed to choose internal
account to go along the bank account, suggests the field is supposed to hold some ID of
the bank account.

Suggestion :
* Remove the 'New bank account' text or hide it;
* Rename the 'account number' column above, to 'internal account'
* Add hint text 'search/select internal account' below the account selection field.

(sorry if this is lame. But I'm no accountant :)

Kind Regards,
Lukasz

el_es el_es

Re: Perp trunk : confusing header when entering new bank account [minor but confusing nevertheless]

On 10/09/2012 15:46, Nathan Gray wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Lukasz Sokol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Developers,
>>
>> Perp trunk, EGW 1.8 from packages;
>>
>> Going into General Ledger - Admin - bank_account (via perp_setup_wizard),
>>
>> The text 'New bank account' just above the field where one is supposed to choose internal
>> account to go along the bank account, suggests the field is supposed to hold some ID of
>> the bank account.
>>
>> Suggestion :
>> * Remove the 'New bank account' text or hide it;
>> * Rename the 'account number' column above, to 'internal account'
>> * Add hint text 'search/select internal account' below the account selection field.
>>

> Tried to make it a little clearer.  SVN r4356.

Thanks will try it tomorrow (it's 16:50 here ;)

> It's a general ledger account, not internal account.  The bank stuff
> is added functionality off a GL account.

Talking about crazy :) to me the /account/ is just a float with a name
and its journal :D

>> (sorry if this is lame. But I'm no accountant :)
>
> Accountants are a special kind of crazy, just like programmers.  It's
> worth it to take an hour or 3 to learn:
> - What's a general ledger?
yeah. Will try.

> - Credit vs Debit != + vs - (This will screw up most of us - it comes
> down to "accountants don't like negative balances" )
No one does ;)
A'propos. has this got something to do with the gl account method
[credit increases/credit decreases] selection?
Also negative has no chance of happening here, unless someone sabotaged the
production line for months.

> - Balance sheet vs Income statement
Sort of like your bank balance log and your payslip ? :)

[never liked the financial stuff, bleurgh. It just has the function for me
to be able to tell current cost of the finished product to the sales&accounts
and roughly how long it takes to make it.]
[sorry for increased lameness]
Lukasz

el_es el_es

Re: Perp trunk : confusing header when entering new bank account [minor but confusing nevertheless]

On 10/09/2012 15:46, Nathan Gray wrote:
[...]
> Accountants are a special kind of crazy, just like programmers.  It's
> worth it to take an hour or 3 to learn:
> - What's a general ledger?
> - Credit vs Debit != + vs - (This will screw up most of us - it comes
> down to "accountants don't like negative balances" )
> - Balance sheet vs Income statement

[thanks for rev 4353, it seems to be clearer now :) ]

As for the accounting stuff, I found some on Wikipedia [btw what you have
named 'sequences' is in fact 'categories' there but oh well].

Thx. Diving further.

L.