Perp trunk setup - first stock count

el_es el_es

Perp trunk setup - first stock count

Hi Developers, Nathan,

the story of pERP trunk on EGW CE 1.8 continues...

I granted myself each and every access  into each and every ACL table on pERP,
only after that was the 'Make Changes' button presented on the

I had to enter /something/ into the accounts so it won't complain, but it
seems to complain about each and every Inventory Count line

Inventory counts have changed by [count] since count started

and have
#

---->8----
An error happened

Invalid account (WADJ) for line: Inventory Count #7 +[count] [product code] - [prod descr.]

Click here to resume your eGroupWare Session.

----8<------

this pop up on me for each pressing of Make Changes button.

?

Lukasz

el_es el_es

Re: Perp trunk setup - first stock count

On 12/09/2012 20:08, Nathan Gray wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Lukasz Sokol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Developers, Nathan,
>>
>> the story of pERP trunk on EGW CE 1.8 continues...
>>
>> I granted myself each and every access  into each and every ACL table on pERP,
>> only after that was the 'Make Changes' button presented on the
>>
>> I had to enter /something/ into the accounts so it won't complain,
>
> What accounts, where, and what did you enter?
> It appears to be trying to tell you that WADJ is not a valid GL
> account.  It's probably right, but I don't know your general ledger.
>
> Remember that in an ERP the inventory you're trying to count has a
> financial value attached to it.  It's not just <#> of <product>, it's
> <#> of <product> @ <cost>/each.  That value has to go somewhere in the
> GL.  You found/lost a box of 500 @ ($/€)0.10?  That's ($/€)50 that has
> to be accounted for.

What's funny, despite the 'error', the stock count is updated...
so for each line I have to do as follows:

- on inventory count table click 'make changes',
- this bails with error 'Invalid account', resume Egroupware session and stuff,
- then I go back to Take Inventory, Count List->Count ID,
- now the topmost line has 'Inventory counts have changed by [count] since count started'
- click the sheet number beside it, go to the relevant line, change 'counted' to 0, save,
- the red line with error is gone, I click make changes
- repeat until all lines are done

- the result is : on Stock List, the Total On Hand and costs are correct...

Thoughts ?
L.