Personal addressbook off?

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Personal addressbook off?

I've got the default for Enable an extra private addressbook defaulted
to No, and My (everyone's) preferences set to use default.
When I add a new address, not only is Personal still an option, it's
the default.

I have everyone in a Staff group, and the Addressbook ACLs are set to
all for the group.  Group Staff is an available option for the
Addressbook.
Is there a way to get rid of that Personal addressbook, or at least
(preferably) make Group Staff the default?

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Personal addressbook off?

Private != Personal

You can only switch the Private one off, not the Personal one.

The default can be a group addressbook, like your "Group Staff". You can
set that as default preference for new contacts.

Ralf

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> I've got the default for Enable an extra private addressbook defaulted
> to No, and My (everyone's) preferences set to use default.
> When I add a new address, not only is Personal still an option, it's
> the default.
>
> I have everyone in a Staff group, and the Addressbook ACLs are set to
> all for the group.  Group Staff is an available option for the
> Addressbook.
> Is there a way to get rid of that Personal addressbook, or at least
> (preferably) make Group Staff the default?
>
> Nathan Gray
> nathan at goarctic dot com

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Default addressbook

On 18-Apr-08, at 3:37 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:
> Private != Personal
>
> You can only switch the Private one off, not the Personal one.

Whoops.  I guess that's why it won't go away...

> The default can be a group addressbook, like your "Group Staff". You
> can
> set that as default preference for new contacts.

Thanks, Ralf, but I already have "Default addressbook for adding
contacts" forced to Group Staff.  Personal is still the default.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Default addressbook

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> On 18-Apr-08, at 3:37 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:
>> Private != Personal
>>
>> You can only switch the Private one off, not the Personal one.
>
> Whoops.  I guess that's why it won't go away...
>
>> The default can be a group addressbook, like your "Group Staff". You
>> can
>> set that as default preference for new contacts.
>
> Thanks, Ralf, but I already have "Default addressbook for adding
> contacts" forced to Group Staff.  Personal is still the default.

Ok, I think I understand what you experience.

The default is used, if the selected addressbook does not allow to add
entries to it. So if you select you personal addressbook in the list,
you will always have it selected, when you add new entries.

If you default is eg. "All" or some addressbook you only have read
rights too, then the default from the prefs is used.

The code is in addressbook/inc/class.uicontacts.inc.php line 1349ff

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Default addressbook

On 18-Apr-08, at 11:22 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:

>> Thanks, Ralf, but I already have "Default addressbook for adding
>> contacts" forced to Group Staff.  Personal is still the default.

> The default is used, if the selected addressbook does not allow to add
> entries to it. So if you select you personal addressbook in the list,
> you will always have it selected, when you add new entries.
>
> If you default is eg. "All" or some addressbook you only have read
> rights too, then the default from the prefs is used.

If I go to the addressbook application, and for filter Addressbook
leave it at All, then click the Add button, the default forced
preference for addressbook 'Group Staff' should be selected.  If I
change the filter Addressbook to Personal, 'Personal' should be
selected, if I filter 'Group Staff', 'Group Staff' should be selected.

This is mostly the behaviour I experience, with the exception that
'All' causes 'Personal' to be the default addressbook when I click Add
instead of the default, 'Group Staff'.

This appears to be caused by bocontacts, line ~140, where my forced
preference is overridden.  Kinda defeats the purpose of forcing the
preference.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Default addressbook

Hi Nathan,

bocontacts 140 should not cause your problem, as you set a group
addressbook (with id < 0).

The reason for 140 is, if the admin defaults or forces eg. his own
addressbook, which would not be available to all users, we use the one
of the user, asuming that's what he intended (to use the personal as
default).

Ralf

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> On 18-Apr-08, at 11:22 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:

>>> Thanks, Ralf, but I already have "Default addressbook for adding
>>> contacts" forced to Group Staff.  Personal is still the default.
>> The default is used, if the selected addressbook does not allow to add
>> entries to it. So if you select you personal addressbook in the list,
>> you will always have it selected, when you add new entries.
>>
>> If you default is eg. "All" or some addressbook you only have read
>> rights too, then the default from the prefs is used.
>
> If I go to the addressbook application, and for filter Addressbook
> leave it at All, then click the Add button, the default forced
> preference for addressbook 'Group Staff' should be selected.  If I
> change the filter Addressbook to Personal, 'Personal' should be
> selected, if I filter 'Group Staff', 'Group Staff' should be selected.
>
> This is mostly the behaviour I experience, with the exception that
> 'All' causes 'Personal' to be the default addressbook when I click Add
> instead of the default, 'Group Staff'.
>
> This appears to be caused by bocontacts, line ~140, where my forced
> preference is overridden.  Kinda defeats the purpose of forcing the
> preference.
>
> Nathan Gray
> nathan at goarctic dot com

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Default addressbook

On 21-Apr-08, at 10:29 AM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> bocontacts 140 should not cause your problem, as you set a group
> addressbook (with id < 0).
>
> The reason for 140 is, if the admin defaults or forces eg. his own
> addressbook, which would not be available to all users, we use the one
> of the user, asuming that's what he intended (to use the personal as
> default).

That's what I thought, but that if() did change the default addressbook:

Line 140: $this->default_addressbook = -6
Line 149: $this->default_addressbook = 5

I fixed a misplaced bracket in the if(), had I just defaulted the
preference instead of force it, I would have been fine...

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Default addressbook

Hi Nathan,

seen your commit.

Thanks for the fix :-)

Ralf

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> On 21-Apr-08, at 10:29 AM, Ralf Becker wrote:
>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> bocontacts 140 should not cause your problem, as you set a group
>> addressbook (with id < 0).
>>
>> The reason for 140 is, if the admin defaults or forces eg. his own
>> addressbook, which would not be available to all users, we use the one
>> of the user, asuming that's what he intended (to use the personal as
>> default).
>
> That's what I thought, but that if() did change the default addressbook:
>
> Line 140: $this->default_addressbook = -6
> Line 149: $this->default_addressbook = 5
>
> I fixed a misplaced bracket in the if(), had I just defaulted the
> preference instead of force it, I would have been fine...
>
> Nathan Gray
> nathan at goarctic dot com

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

gustavoacm gustavoacm

Re: Default addressbook

hi everybody,

I wonder if presently there is a way to disable or hide the personal addressbook for everyone,

please may you tell me.   thanks :)

Re: Default addressbook

No, though you could comment out the line with the personal addressbook in addressbook_bo::get_addressbooks().

Stylite GmbH
[ open style of IT ]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
D - 67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon   +49 (6352) 70629-0
fax   +49 (6352) 70629-30
mobil +49 (170)  3147833
email [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer: Andre Keller,
   Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 30575

Am 31.01.2011 um 13:25 schrieb gustavoacm <[hidden email]>:

> hi everybody,
>

> I wonder if presently there is a way to disable or hide the personal
> addressbook for everyone,
>
> please may you tell me.   thanks :)

gustavoacm gustavoacm

Re: Default addressbook

hi Ralf, thanks for your answer

I did what you told me and by commenting it out  disappear the addressbook selector.

Sir, could I hide the "add button" .

please where? cos I've been looking for it but without results

thanks in advance, Ralf
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Default addressbook

Add button is in the eTemplate "addressbook.index", but how do you plan
to add addresses, if you have no add button? Or why do you want to
remove it?

Ralf

Am 10.02.11 16:36, schrieb gustavoacm:

> hi Ralf, thanks for your answer
>
> I did what you told me and by commenting it out  disappear the addressbook
> selector.
>
> Sir, could I hide the "add button" .
>
> please where? cos I've been looking for it but without results
>
> thanks in advance, Ralf

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

gustavoacm gustavoacm

Re: Default addressbook

is just for an user, that I want to hide the add botton. to make a read only  addressbook for that general user. because the policies still admiting adding, even if those are read only, or maybe I don't know how to configure those policies.

thanks Ralf.
gustavoacm gustavoacm

Re: Default addressbook

excuse Ralf, where exactly is "addressbook.index"

Am 10.02.11 21:49, schrieb gustavoacm:

> excuse Ralf, where exactly is "addressbook.index"

The name of the eTemplate (layout) used for that page. It can be edited
via the eTemplate application. Have a look in the eTemplate specific
docu in our wiki.

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

gustavoacm gustavoacm

Re: Default addressbook

Hi, Ralf,

first of all, I've got to tell you that the etemplate tool is very nice, the documentation clearly explains how it works and it helped me understand a little more how egroupware is built. (even when the document isn't updated).

Ralf, I have a question and I hope you may help me.

As I told you, I want to hide the add buttons from the addressbook, but just for one user. reading I found an array that works to hide buttons if an event happends, but I don't know how to use it for this propose or where to put it inside the addressbook_ui class.

the example shows: $no_button = array(
                         'delete'=>!$this->content[id],); // if there aren't records, then hide the delete button,

could I do something like this: $no_button = array('add'=>$GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['userid']=='user to hide the button',);

I will apreciate your help, thanks a lot.