Problem with file locations during migration to 16.1

Kano Kano

Problem with file locations during migration to 16.1

This post was updated on .
Hallo everybody,
I have running old version 1.8 (on Windows) and I tried to install 16.1 on a new server with Centos 7 (different machine). Installation is done (with small problems) and I uploaded a backup file during setup. Conversion was done, but now I have problem with the configuration (step 2). My location of user files was "c:\egwfiles" and now I need to set anything on new machine. But when I try anything, I get error that folder does not exist. When I for example create folder /egwfiles in root directory on linux and grant rwx for appache, I get error that my folder for file does not exist.  Could anybody help me where is a problem?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Regards
Tony
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Hi Tony,

Am 14.07.16 um 13:26 schrieb Kano:

> Hallo everybody,
> I have running old version 1.8 (on Windows) and I tried to install 16.1 on a
> new server with Centos 7 (different machine). Installation is done (with
> small problems) and I uploaded a backup file during setup. Conversion was
> done, but now I have problem with the configuration (step 2). My location of
> user files was "c:\egwfiles" and now I need to set anything on new machine.
> But when I try anything, I get error that folder does not exist. When I for
> example create folder /egwfiles in root directory on linux and grant rwx for
> appache, I get error that my folder for file does not exist.  Could anybody
> help me where is a problem?
I can only guess what the problem is, as you gave to little information,
specially about how you did the new installation?

If you did it the recommended way via our packages: they set up a
security feature called open_basedir in our Apache configuration file.
It basicly limit the pathes Apache/PHP is allowed to access. So you
either have to stick to the default path

    /var/lib/egroupware/default/files

That is strongly recommend (or change the Apache config).

Other problem could be selinux not allowing Apache/PHP to access the
path you specified.

Ralf

> Thanks a lot in advance!
> Regards
> Tony

Stylite AG

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 46224 Mainz Germany

Kano Kano

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Dear Ralf,
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I used recommended way of the installation via your package.
I used the path which you suggest and it works! Thanks a lot!
But I got another error immediately:
Database error
Invalid SQL: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS 1,egw_addressbook.n_given AS n_given,egw_addressbook.n_family AS n_family,egw_addressbook.contact_id AS id,egw_addressbook.contact_created AS created,egw_addressbook.contact_modified AS modified,egw_accounts.account_id AS account_id,coalesce(egw_addressbook.contact_email,egw_mailaccounts.mail_value) as email,account_lid,account_type,account_status,account_expires,account_primary_group,account_description FROM egw_addressbook  RIGHT JOIN egw_accounts ON egw_accounts.account_id=egw_addressbook.account_id LEFT JOIN egw_mailaccounts ON egw_accounts.account_id=-egw_mailaccounts.account_id AND mail_type=3 WHERE egw_addressbook.contact_owner=0 AND (account_expires IS NULL OR account_expires = -1 OR account_expires > 1468497738) AND (account_type IS NULL OR account_type!='u' OR account_status='A') AND (contact_tid != 'D' OR contact_tid IS NULL) ORDER BY account_lid
Unknown column 'account_description' in 'field list' (1054)

And there is no option for any repair.
Interesting is, that conversion was successful...
Thanks for any reply.
Regards
Tony
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Hi Kano,

Am 14.07.16 um 14:05 schrieb Kano:

> Dear Ralf,
> Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I used recommended way of the installation
> via your package.
> I used the path which you suggest and it works! Thanks a lot!
> But I got another error immediately:
> Database error
> Invalid SQL: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS 1,egw_addressbook.n_given AS
> n_given,egw_addressbook.n_family AS n_family,egw_addressbook.contact_id AS
> id,egw_addressbook.contact_created AS
> created,egw_addressbook.contact_modified AS modified,egw_accounts.account_id
> AS
> account_id,coalesce(egw_addressbook.contact_email,egw_mailaccounts.mail_value)
> as
> email,account_lid,account_type,account_status,account_expires,account_primary_group,account_description
> FROM egw_addressbook  RIGHT JOIN egw_accounts ON
> egw_accounts.account_id=egw_addressbook.account_id LEFT JOIN
> egw_mailaccounts ON egw_accounts.account_id=-egw_mailaccounts.account_id AND
> mail_type=3 WHERE egw_addressbook.contact_owner=0 AND (account_expires IS
> NULL OR account_expires = -1 OR account_expires > 1468497738) AND
> (account_type IS NULL OR account_type!='u' OR account_status='A') AND
> (contact_tid != 'D' OR contact_tid IS NULL) ORDER BY account_lid
> Unknown column 'account_description' in 'field list' (1054)
Looks to me you have an old database, not (yet) updated to 16.1.

If that is the case, because you eg. restored a dump from an old
installation, you need to go to setup:

    https://domain.com/egroupware/setup/

And update it to 16.1 database schema.

Ralf

Kano Kano

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Dear Ralf,
That is what I did before - in step 1. Conversion was successful. Then I went to step 2 and had a problem with file locations, which was solved by your hint. And immediately after that I received this error. The bad news is, that I am not able to start configuration again, because this error appears immediately after log in. I have no chance to change settings, delete and import backup again.
What can I do in this case please?
Thanks
Regards
Tony

Am 15.07.16 um 07:18 schrieb Kano:
> Dear Ralf,
> That is what I did before - in step 1. Conversion was successful. Then I
> went to step 2 and had a problem with file locations, which was solved by
> your hint. And immediately after that I received this error. The bad news
> is, that I am not able to start configuration again, because this error
> appears immediately after log in. I have no chance to change settings,
> delete and import backup again.
> What can I do in this case please?

Create the somehow missing column, it does not matter if it is empty:

    ALTER TABLE egw_accounts ADD COLUMN account_description varchar(255)
DEFAULT NULL;

And let's hope it is the only one missing. I would then directly log
into setup and check if other updates are missing.

Ralf

Kano Kano

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Dear Ralf,
Thanks again for good hint. This worked for me! Now all looks fine:

Thanks a lot!
Regards and have a nice weekend!
Tony
regis972 regis972

Re: Problem with file locations during migration to 16.1

hi Kano,
I've got the same problem than you :

Database error

Invalid SQL: SELECT 1,egw_addressbook.n_given AS n_given,egw_addressbook.n_family AS n_family,egw_addressbook.contact_id AS id,egw_addressbook.contact_created AS created,egw_addressbook.contact_modified AS modified,egw_accounts.account_id AS account_id,coalesce(egw_addressbook.contact_email,egw_mailaccounts.mail_value) as email,account_lid,account_type,account_status,account_expires,account_primary_group,account_description FROM egw_addressbook  RIGHT JOIN egw_accounts ON egw_accounts.account_id=egw_addressbook.account_id LEFT JOIN egw_mailaccounts ON egw_accounts.account_id=-egw_mailaccounts.account_id AND mail_type=3 WHERE egw_addressbook.contact_owner=0 AND (account_expires IS NULL OR account_expires = -1 OR account_expires > 1493734858) AND (account_type IS NULL OR account_type!='u' OR account_status='A') AND (contact_tid != 'D' OR contact_tid IS NULL) AND egw_addressbook.contact_private=0 ORDER BY n_family,n_given,account_lid
Unknown column 'account_description' in 'field list' (1054)

What were your issue to resolve the problem ?

thanks a lot

regis972 regis972

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

HI?
i've got the same pb than Tony.

ALTER TABLE egw_accounts ADD COLUMN account_description varchar(255)
DEFAULT NULL;

I saw your issue to resolve pb but my egroupware server is virtual, let me know how can i proceed to create column ?
Which tools ?
thanks a lot
Kano Kano

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

You need to log in to the linux and then type:
mysql egroupware
ALTER TABLE egw_accounts ADD COLUMN account_description varchar(255)
DEFAULT NULL;
commit;
exit

Tony
regis972 regis972

Re: Problem witj file locations during migration to 16.1

Pb solved !