Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

umehner umehner

Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Calendar is WIP, but there are some hitches in calendar trunk for quite some time I would like to list here. Hope they get fixed in the near future ...

- Sidebar
  - Search doesn't work - input search term with Enter does nothing, except if List view ist choosen
  - Select box for User/Calendars (id="calendar-sidebox_owner") doesn't give the choice of multiple selections (neither to choose "All").
    * In Participants-selectbox in column head (list view) groups are missing as options (which is bad)
    * When a group is selected in sidebar selectbox then this group appears as an (selected) option in selectbox in column head (which is good)
    * When current user is selected in sidebar and
      - When a different Participant is choosen in column head: Events are listed from that participant, even where current user is NOT participant (which is good)
      - When "All" is choosen in column head: Events where current user is NOT participant are NOT listed (which is bad)

- Content-Area
  - All views are broken (probably wrong css) in Firefox, except list view. Other browsers (Chromium, IE in Win8.1) are rendering OK.
    Same situation in Calendar-Box in Home-Pane/App.
    Note: "Year view" (from Sidebar select box) seems to be quite ok in Firefox

  - All views: After switching between views, translation for headline gets lost ("List view" instead of "Listenansicht", Sidebar shows correct translation)
  - Red line for "time needed for page rendering" is shown multiple times (with different values), above and below (if activated in settings)
    one line below would be enough

  - Right after login there seems to be a standard view (could not find a setting for that). When logging out while on day view and log in again, the view strangely switches to day view here, while the head line still says "List view".

Generally I think there should be a possibility to show all ALL events together I have rights to read, even from other users calendars. Not only where I am a participant, what currently seems to be the state in trunk.
And than there should be an easy way to hide those other users calenders I am allowed to read. Probably best UX would be via checkbox for each calendar ...

Cheers,
Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk
Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Hi Ulle,

thanks for your tests and feedback, I'm CCing Birgit who coordinates
these for Stylite with Nathan and who ever is involved.

She will add your email (mehner-at-dfn.de) to our internal ticket, so we
kept informed about the progress.

Ralf

Am 05.10.15 um 00:26 schrieb umehner:

> Calendar is WIP, but there are some hitches in calendar trunk for quite some
> time I would like to list here. Hope they get fixed in the near future ...
>
> - Sidebar
>   - Search doesn't work - input search term with Enter does nothing, except
> if List view ist choosen
>   - Select box for User/Calendars (id="calendar-sidebox_owner") doesn't give
> the choice of multiple selections (neither to choose "All").
>     * In Participants-selectbox in column head (list view) groups are
> missing as options (which is bad)
>     * When a group is selected in sidebar selectbox then this group appears
> as an (selected) option in selectbox in column head (which is good)
>     * When current user is selected in sidebar and
>       - When a different Participant is choosen in column head: Events are
> listed from that participant, even where current user is NOT participant
> (which is good)
>       - When "All" is choosen in column head: Events where current user is
> NOT participant are NOT listed (which is bad)
>
> - Content-Area
>   - All views are broken (probably wrong css) in Firefox, except list view.
> Other browsers (Chromium, IE in Win8.1) are rendering OK.
>     Same situation in Calendar-Box in Home-Pane/App.
>     Note: "Year view" (from Sidebar select box) seems to be quite ok in
> Firefox
>
>   - All views: After switching between views, translation for headline gets
> lost ("List view" instead of "Listenansicht", Sidebar shows correct
> translation)
>   - Red line for "time needed for page rendering" is shown multiple times
> (with different values), above and below (if activated in settings)
>     one line below would be enough
>
>   - Right after login there seems to be a standard view (could not find a
> setting for that). When logging out while on day view and log in again, the
> view strangely switches to day view here, while the head line still says
> "List view".
>
> Generally I think there should be a possibility to show all ALL events
> together I have rights to read, even from other users calendars. Not only
> where I am a participant, what currently seems to be the state in trunk.
> And than there should be an easy way to hide those other users calenders I
> am allowed to read. Probably best UX would be via checkbox for each calendar
>
> Cheers,
> Ulle
>

> -----
> eGroupware SVN Trunk

Stylite AG

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 46224 Mainz Germany

Birgit Becker, Stylite AG Birgit Becker, Stylite AG

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Hi Ulle,

most issues are already saved, please test it again and let us know,
if you still run into major problems.

If you like, i'm happy to create you an account for our support center
my.stylite.de to report further issues.

Birgit
Stylite Support

Kopie: Birgit Stylite [[hidden email]  ]
Datum: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:43:41 +0200

> [...]
>> where I am a participant, what currently seems to be the state in
>> trunk. And than there should be an easy way to hide those other
>> users calenders I
>> am allowed to read. Probably best UX would be via checkbox for each calendar
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ulle
>>

>> -----
>> eGroupware SVN Trunk
>>
>> --

> Ralf Becker
> Director Software Development
>
> Stylite AG
>
> Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
> D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70
>
> Email: [hidden email]   www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org
>
> Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker | Gudrun Mueller
> Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer
>
> VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 46224 Mainz Germany

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | 55124 Mainz
Tel: 06131 32702-13 | Fax: 06131 32702-70
cell +49 (0) 170 3147833
mailto: [hidden email]  | skype: birgit-kl
www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org
___________________________________

Geschäftsführer - Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Ralf Becker |
Gudrun Mueller
Vorsitzender Aufsichtsrat - Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof.
Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

VAT DE214280951 | Registergericht Mainz, HRB 46224

Email written with EGroupware: The software for advanced business
communication

umehner umehner

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Hello Birgit,

I was quite happy with state of calendar during the last months. But since some revisions ago the shown start and end time is one hour wrong (maybe depending on timezone I am in). This is only in list/agenda view (did I already mention this is my favourite? ;) ). All other views show the correct time as it is set when editing a calendar item.
I use theme "stylite" if this makes a difference.

To check if this might be already fixed I checked out current svn from today, revision 54728 . Problem still exists.

Having a short check with this revision, I see that icons (with links) for switching views has moved from left to content pane/frame.
I use a cheap notebook with only 786 vertical resolution - so of course I get a vertical scrollbar for all calendar views (actually two of them, one from content pane and one from browser window).
When the browser window is scrolled down, the icons for switching calendar views disapper under neath the "tabs for apps" area (on top of the right content frame).
It  is not very comfortable when one has to scroll up first for switching views.

And there is no "new calendar item" icon/link anymore. It used to be along with the icons for switching view in the upper left frame.

Cheers, Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:00 PM, umehner <[hidden email]> wrote:
...I was quite happy with state of calendar during the last months.

Thanks.  Nice to hear.

... the shown start and end time is one hour wrong (maybe
depending on timezone I am in). This is only in list/agenda view (did I
already mention this is my favourite? ;) ). All other views show the correct
time as it is set when editing a calendar item.
I use theme "stylite" if this makes a difference.

What is your computer's timezone, and what timezone is your server it?

I use a cheap notebook with only 786 vertical resolution - so of course I
get a vertical scrollbar for all calendar views (actually two of them, one
from content pane and one from browser window).

That should not happen - it's supposed to auto-size.  Any javascript errors?
(I realize it's impossible to tell some mobile devices)
I'm not sure what's up with this one, the simulator on my desktop works.

And there is no "new calendar item" icon/link anymore. It used to be along
with the icons for switching view in the upper left frame.

Looks like we're missing some icons.  I added them in.

umehner umehner

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Nathan Gray wrote
> ... the shown start and end time is one hour wrong (maybe
> depending on timezone I am in). This is only in list/agenda view (did I
> already mention this is my favourite? ;) ). All other views show the
> correct
> time as it is set when editing a calendar item.
> I use theme "stylite" if this makes a difference.

What is your computer's timezone, and what timezone is your server it?
They are all set to Central European Time (CET).
The list view is the only view having this issue.
If you cant reproduce it then the issue might be linked to my edits in egroupware/etemplate/js/lib/date.js for tricking the badly missed weekday to every item date.
See http://www.egroupware.org/discover/egroupware-forum#nabble-td4001690|a4002864 (unfortunately in German).
My code there had to change slightly since then, didn't bother to post as no one seems to be interested ...
I will check that within the next days ...

Nathan Gray wrote
> I use a cheap notebook with only 786 vertical resolution - so of course I
> get a vertical scrollbar for all calendar views (actually two of them, one
> from content pane and one from browser window).

That should not happen - it's supposed to auto-size.  Any javascript errors?
(I realize it's impossible to tell some mobile devices)
Hmm, I get one. Not sure if it is related:

ReferenceError: Calendar is not defined
        Calendar.setup = function (params) {
In https://xyz.com/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/jscalendar-setup.php?1392100725&dateformat=d.m.Y&lang=de
(Line 2, column 1)

Nathan Gray wrote
I'm not sure what's up with this one, the simulator on my desktop works.

And there is no "new calendar item" icon/link anymore. It used to be along
> with the icons for switching view in the upper left frame.

Looks like we're missing some icons.  I added them in.
Thank you!

There is one more thing: I have set to show the time needed for rendering the page - somewhere is eGW setinngs, forgotten where exactly.
These red system outputs are shown 3 times above and below the content pane.
One at the bottom would be enough I think ... ;)

Cheers, Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:40 PM, umehner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nathan Gray wrote
>> ... the shown start and end time is one hour wrong (maybe
>> depending on timezone I am in). This is only in list/agenda view (did I
>> already mention this is my favourite? ;) ). All other views show the
>> correct
>> time as it is set when editing a calendar item.
>> I use theme "stylite" if this makes a difference...

They are all set to Central European Time (CET).
The list view is the only view having this issue.
If you cant reproduce it then the issue might be linked to my edits in
egroupware/etemplate/js/lib/date.js for tricking the badly missed weekday to
every item date.
See

I don't see anything there that would cause such an issue, and missing an hour when timezones are the same is such a strange error.
If you want, you can have a look at the browser's network traffic.  In Chrome developer tools, filter the network tab by 'ajax_get_rows', then look inside the preview of results.  There you can see what the server sends to the browser, to at least check if the dates are correct there.

There is one more thing: I have set to show the time needed for rendering
the page - somewhere is eGW setinngs, forgotten where exactly.
These red system outputs are shown 3 times above and below the content pane.
One at the bottom would be enough I think ... ;)

 I can't seem to find where to turn it on (or off), but it's this preference:
$GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['preferences']['common']['show_generation_time']
For calendar you should be getting 7 times, not just 3 since there are 7 templates involved now.

umehner umehner

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Hi Nathan,

I probably missed to update the calendar app via egroupware/setup . After I went from 14.3.902 to 14.3.903 the time issues where gone. Not touching my special date.js file.
The scrolling issue seems to solved as well, though I am currently working at a bigger screen. Still, when switching from full screen browser window to a smaller one , the "outer" vertical scrollbar snaps in, being almost 100% high. But one can move it a tiny bit and then the new nav icons slide behind the upper part of the content frame. Maybe just 5 pixel, so its just cosmetical issue. This is with current firefox.

Nathan Gray wrote

> There is one more thing: I have set to show the time needed for rendering
> the page - somewhere is eGW setinngs, forgotten where exactly.
> These red system outputs are shown 3 times above and below the content
> pane.
> One at the bottom would be enough I think ... ;)
>
>  I can't seem to find where to turn it on (or off), but it's this
preference:
$GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['preferences']['common']['show_generation_time']
For calendar you should be getting 7 times, not just 3 since there are 7
templates involved now.
Thanks for sharing this information. I could find this setting easily and just switch it off.

When you work on calendar templates anyway: I would like to ask if the template for agenda view could get URLs rendered automatically for description and location. This would be quite an ease I think and should be default setting.
I have built a default/list.rows.xet and default/list.xet on my own locally. Didn't check if it is already done in trunk. At least in demo.egroupware.net URLs still are not clickable in list/agenda view.
It is just an  activate_links="1"  additional attribute for ${row}[description] and ${row}[location] ...

And today (so with current trunk) I discovered another issue:
When copying an existing event it fails to store the new event (after editing).
Erro
and the corresponding server log:
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type egw_json_response as array in /var/www/egroupware/calendar/inc/class.calendar_boupdate.inc.php on line 241, referer: https://example.domain.org/egroupware/index.php?menuaction=calendar.calendar_uiforms.edit&cal_id=5433&action=copy

Storing a  newly created event works as expected.

Cheers,
Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Thanks for the bug reports, FF layout & copying should be fixed now.
Links now active in list view description & location.

Nathan

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:52 AM, umehner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nathan,

I probably missed to update the calendar app via egroupware/setup . After I
went from 14.3.902 to 14.3.903 the time issues where gone. Not touching my
special date.js file.
The scrolling issue seems to solved as well, though I am currently working
at a bigger screen. Still, when switching from full screen browser window to
a smaller one , the "outer" vertical scrollbar snaps in, being almost 100%
high. But one can move it a tiny bit and then the new nav icons slide behind
the upper part of the content frame. Maybe just 5 pixel, so its just
cosmetical issue. This is with current firefox.

Nathan Gray wrote

>> There is one more thing: I have set to show the time needed for rendering
>> the page - somewhere is eGW setinngs, forgotten where exactly.
>> These red system outputs are shown 3 times above and below the content
>> pane.
>> One at the bottom would be enough I think ... ;)
>>
>>  I can't seem to find where to turn it on (or off), but it's this
> preference:
> $GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['preferences']['common']['show_generation_time']
> For calendar you should be getting 7 times, not just 3 since there are 7
> templates involved now.

Thanks for sharing this information. I could find this setting easily and
just switch it off.

When you work on calendar templates anyway: I would like to ask if the
template for agenda view could get URLs rendered automatically for
description and location. This would be quite an ease I think and should be
default setting.
I have built a default/list.rows.xet and default/list.xet on my own locally.
Didn't check if it is already done in trunk. At least in demo.egroupware.net
URLs still are not clickable in list/agenda view.
It is just an  activate_links="1"  additional attribute for
${row}[description] and ${row}[location] ...

And today (so with current trunk) I discovered another issue:
When copying an existing event it fails to store the new event (after
editing).
Erro
and the corresponding server log:
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type egw_json_response as array in
/var/www/egroupware/calendar/inc/class.calendar_boupdate.inc.php on line
241, referer:
https://example.domain.org/egroupware/index.php?menuaction=calendar.calendar_uiforms.edit&cal_id=5433&action=copy

Storing a  newly created event works as expected.

Cheers,
Ulle

-----
eGroupware SVN Trunk

umehner umehner

Re: Problems with current state of Calendar in trunk

Hi Birgit,

I switched from svn-trunk to github 16.x master recently. And I would like to share my suggestions for improvement here. Thats fine for me, but if it's more convenient for Stylite I could dump my thoughts at my.stylite.de (would need some guidance for that).

* When editing a calendar entry I miss the button "now". It used to be there and I found it really useful when working with a just cloned (copied) older calendar entry. Without the button, year and month have to be clicked a lot to set the new date.

* In agenda view the week day (in short form) is missing for the start and end date in every entry line.

* In agenda view, after setting up a new calendar entry, the new entry doesn't turn up in the view list. Only after switching to another view (like 7-day-view) and back to agenda view the list is reloaded and shows the new entry.

* Searching for calendar entries (agenda view):
  - First try with a search string only searches in future items. A second try with the same string searches through all calendar entries (history and advance). This is quite confusing. Actually this behaviour could make sense and I could get used to it, but the user should at least get informed whats going on.

  - After clearing the search string from the input field above the calender list ALL calendar entries are shown (from the first entry in DB). Even though the selection box shows "After current date" (my translation from german, don't know the english wording correctly).

  - When search string is cleared from input field, and one switches to another view (i.e. 7-days-view) and back to agenda, the search string reappears in search input field and agenda list only shows search results. And searching for another string doesn't work then anymore.

These are all minor issues. Calendar is really usable. For sure that has been quite a massive work. Congratulations.

Cheers,
Ulle
eGroupware SVN Trunk

Am 30.07.16 um 23:49 schrieb umehner:
> Hi Birgit,

Birgit is usually not reading this list. I created you a my.stylite.de
account and a ticket from this mail.

Ralf

> I switched from svn-trunk to github 16.x master recently. And I would like
> to share my suggestions for improvement here. Thats fine for me, but if it's
> more convenient for Stylite I could dump my thoughts at my.stylite.de (would
> need some guidance for that).
>
> * When editing a calendar entry I miss the button "now". It used to be there
> and I found it really useful when working with a just cloned (copied) older
> calendar entry. Without the button, year and month have to be clicked a lot
> to set the new date.
>
> * In agenda view the week day (in short form) is missing for the start and
> end date in every entry line.
>
> * In agenda view, after setting up a new calendar entry, the new entry
> doesn't turn up in the view list. Only after switching to another view (like
> 7-day-view) and back to agenda view the list is reloaded and shows the new
> entry.
>
> * Searching for calendar entries (agenda view):
>   - First try with a search string only searches in future items. A second
> try with the same string searches through all calendar entries (history and
> advance). This is quite confusing. Actually this behaviour could make sense
> and I could get used to it, but the user should at least get informed whats
> going on.
>
>   - After clearing the search string from the input field above the calender
> list ALL calendar entries are shown (from the first entry in DB). Even
> though the selection box shows "After current date" (my translation from
> german, don't know the english wording correctly).
>
>   - When search string is cleared from input field, and one switches to
> another view (i.e. 7-days-view) and back to agenda, the search string
> reappears in search input field and agenda list only shows search results.
> And searching for another string doesn't work then anymore.
>

> These are all minor issues. Calendar is really usable. For sure that has
> been quite a massive work. Congratulations.
>
> Cheers,
> Ulle

Stylite AG

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Gudrun Mueller