Random redirect

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Random redirect

Ralf Becker said:

> Hmm,
>
> preferences are read by preferences class in API, which get's
> instanciated as $GLOBALS['egw']->preferences and stored in the
> session,
> unless someone calls egw::invalidate_session_cache();
> The effective prefs itself are in
> $GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['preferences'][$app] ($app = 'common',
> for
> common / app-independent prefs).
>
> Good luck :-)
>
> Ralf

Is it possible for a preferences->save_repository() to go wrong?
It calls $GLOBALS['egw']->session->save_repositories(), but I can't
find that function.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Random redirect

Hi Nathan,

I think I found and fixed the problem:
http://www.egroupware.org/viewvc/egroupware/trunk/phpgwapi/inc/class.preferences.inc.php?r1=28060&r2=28059&pathrev=28060

Let me know if it worked, so I can backport it to 1.6.

Ralf

Nathan Gray schrieb:

> Ralf Becker said:
>
>> Hmm,
>>
>> preferences are read by preferences class in API, which get's
>> instanciated as $GLOBALS['egw']->preferences and stored in the
>> session,
>> unless someone calls egw::invalidate_session_cache();
>> The effective prefs itself are in
>> $GLOBALS['egw_info']['user']['preferences'][$app] ($app = 'common',
>> for
>> common / app-independent prefs).
>>
>> Good luck :-)
>>
>> Ralf
>
> Is it possible for a preferences->save_repository() to go wrong?
> It calls $GLOBALS['egw']->session->save_repositories(), but I can't
> find that function.
>
> Nathan Gray
> nathan at goarctic dot com

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller,
        Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Random redirect

On 7-Oct-09, at 1:00 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> Let me know if it worked, so I can backport it to 1.6.

It'll take a few weeks, it's pretty infrequent.  Even then it'll be
hard to be sure, unless you have any tips to test it.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

Re: Random redirect

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Gray schrieb:
> On 7-Oct-09, at 1:00 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:
>
>> Let me know if it worked, so I can backport it to 1.6.
>
> It'll take a few weeks, it's pretty infrequent.  Even then it'll be
> hard to be sure, unless you have any tips to test it.

We once had a feature called session preferences. It was meant to allow
demo users to change preferences, which got stored only in the session.
So they start with the prefs an admin set up for them and could
afterwards "play" with the prefs, thought it had no effect on the next
demo user logging in.

I grep'ed for session_only_preferences in the current code and found
only that one reference I corrected with my commit. I can't recall if
there was any UI, or you have to set the necessary ACL value directly in
the database, eg:
INSERT INTO egw_acl (acl_app,acl_name,acl_owner,acl_value) VALUES
('preferences','session_only_preferences',$account_id,1);

Anyway the error you reported (calling session->save_repositories())
only happend, when that special ACL was set. session::save_repositories
was removed in my rework of session class before 1.6.