Several SQL errors

PCSLists PCSLists

Several SQL errors

Hi Nathan,

I found several SQL errors in different modules of perp.

1) perp_ap(0.2.014 and updated to 0.2.016)>>suppliers>>new supplier>>when saving supplier code and supplier name:
Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO perp_supplier (supplier_id,supplier_num,supplier_name,supplier_address,supplier_currency,supplier_since,payment_terms,credit_limit,bank_account,bank_reference,bank_particulars,remittance,tax_group,user_account,supplier_status,expected_ship_days,note) VALUES (0,'12.345.678/0001-90','Teste PCS',0,'BRL','2009-09-15 10:47:20',1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,0,NULL,'Nada a declarar'):
Unknown column 'expected_ship_days' in 'field list'

Really this columm not exists in the table perp_supplier. What surprised me is that it was working and now are not.

2) perp_ap>>suppliers>>supplier catalog>>when trying to add a new item, this warning is showed:
Warning: Division by zero in /home/condomi3/public_html/egroupware/perp_ap/inc/class.ui_perp_catalog.inc.php on line 104

3) perp_inventory>>stock>>new stock item>>when saving a new item:
Invalid SQL: SELECT perp_stock_sales_category.sales_category_id,cat_name AS sales_category_name,cat_data,cost_of_sales_gl_account,sales_gl_account,lead_time FROM perp_stock_sales_category JOIN perp_sales_category ON
                                        perp_sales_category.sales_category_id = perp_stock_sales_category.sales_category_id
                                JOIN egw_categories ON
                                        perp_sales_category.sales_category_id = egw_categories.cat_id WHERE stock_id='2':
Unknown column 'lead_time' in 'field list'

I already made an update to rev 3930 today, but nothing changed.
Can you help me?

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Several SQL errors

On 15-Sep-09, at 10:08 AM, PCS-Lists wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I found several SQL errors in different modules of perp.
>
> 1) perp_ap(0.2.014 and updated to 0.2.016)>>suppliers>>new
> supplier>>when
> saving supplier code and supplier name:
> Invalid SQL: REPLACE INTO perp_supplier
> (supplier_id
> ,supplier_num
> ,supplier_name
> ,supplier_address
> ,supplier_currency
> ,supplier_since
> ,payment_terms
> ,credit_limit
> ,bank_account
> ,bank_reference
> ,bank_particulars
> ,remittance
> ,tax_group,user_account,supplier_status,expected_ship_days,note)
> VALUES (0,'12.345.678/0001-90','Teste PCS',0,'BRL','2009-09-15
> 10:47:20',1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,0,NULL,'Nada a declarar'):
> Unknown column 'expected_ship_days' in 'field list'
> Really this columm not exists in the table perp_supplier. What
> surprised me
> is that it was working and now are not.

Is 'note' there?

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

PCSLists PCSLists

Re: Several SQL errors

>Is 'note' there?

Sory, but I don't understood what means this! What information do you need? How can I contribute more with the solution?

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Several SQL errors

On 16-Sep-09, at 8:56 AM, PCS-Lists wrote:

>> Is 'note' there?
>
> Sory, but I don't understood what means this! What information do
> you need?
> How can I contribute more with the solution?

> REPLACE INTO perp_supplier
> (supplier_id
> ,supplier_num
> ,supplier_name
> ,supplier_address
> ,supplier_currency
> ,supplier_since
> ,payment_terms
> ,credit_limit
> ,bank_account
> ,bank_reference
> ,bank_particulars
> ,remittance
> ,tax_group,user_account,supplier_status,expected_ship_days,note)

Is the column 'note' in your database?

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

PCSLists PCSLists

Re: Several SQL errors

>Is the column 'note' in your database?

Yes, it is. It's type "Text", Null "Yes", default "NULL".

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Several SQL errors

On 16-Sep-09, at 10:33 AM, PCS-Lists wrote:

>> Is the column 'note' in your database?
>
> Yes, it is. It's type "Text", Null "Yes", default "NULL".

expected_ship_days was added 2.011, note was added 2.015.
How did you get one update applied, but not another?

I have no idea what you do to repeatedly ruin your database(s), but
you really should stop.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

PCSLists PCSLists

Re: Several SQL errors

>I have no idea what you do to repeatedly ruin your database(s), but
>you really should stop.

Nathan,

I have a good and a bad news for you:

The good: I have a development enviroment separated of my production enviroments, and YES, I have several production enviroments!! I make a lot of use tests with all applications of GW and pERP.

The bad: I don't have the costume of accessing database directly. I only make it through GW and pERP!

My development envoriment is constantly updated because the new features always interest me, but the production is only updated when an error happens or when a tested new feature is most important. The updates are always updated by svn.

I would like to know if is there a better way to work that you suggest? And is there a way to correct the errors described above?

Thanks a lot!

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Several SQL errors

On 21-Sep-09, at 5:53 AM, PCS-Lists wrote:

>> I have no idea what you do to repeatedly ruin your database(s), but
>> you really should stop.
>
> Nathan,
>
> I have a good and a bad news for you:
>
> The good: I have a development enviroment separated of my production
> enviroments, and YES, I have several production enviroments!! I make
> a lot
> of use tests with all applications of GW and pERP.
>
> The bad: I don't have the costume of accessing database directly. I
> only
> make it through GW and pERP!
>
> My development envoriment is constantly updated because the new
> features
> always interest me, but the production is only updated when an error
> happens
> or when a tested new feature is most important. The updates are always
> updated by svn.
>
> I would like to know if is there a better way to work that you
> suggest? And
> is there a way to correct the errors described above?

That is good, I can not recommend a better way to work.
Do you regularly copy production data into your development
environment?  If you do, do you copy ALL tables, or just perp_ tables?
I cannot conceive of a reason why one column would be missing, but a
column added after it would be there unless somehow the tables are
getting changed in some other way.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com

PCSLists PCSLists

Re: Several SQL errors

>That is good, I can not recommend a better way to work.
>Do you regularly copy production data into your development
>environment?  If you do, do you copy ALL tables, or just perp_ tables?
>I cannot conceive of a reason why one column would be missing, but a
>column added after it would be there unless somehow the tables are
>getting changed in some other way.

I regularly copy production to dev and I make it by admin>>backup of egroupware. Then I restore data into my development enviroment by the same way. After this, I go to setup and make necessary updates. What do you think about reinstalling perp to try to solve the above errors? If it's a good idea, what version should I use to do it?

Thanks and regards.

Nathan Gray-2 Nathan Gray-2

Re: Several SQL errors

On 24-Sep-09, at 9:14 AM, PCS-Lists wrote:

> I regularly copy production to dev and I make it by admin>>backup of
> egroupware. Then I restore data into my development enviroment by
> the same
> way. After this, I go to setup and make necessary updates.

This is very similar our procedure, but please be sure to go to Admin -
 > pERP -> Check / change table engine to InnoDB after a database
restore, or your database transactions may not work properly.  This
can cause all kinds of weirdness.

Nathan Gray
nathan at goarctic dot com