Quantcast

Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

J. Roeleveld J. Roeleveld

Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

Hi all,

After upgrading from 16.1.20161208 to 16.1.20170315 the web interface no
longer shows the Shared mail folders as defined by Cyrus IMAP.

All IMAP clients correctly show these.
So do clients connected through eSync to Egroupware.

Is there any configuration I might have forgotten to keep this functionality?
Or is this caused by something else?

Many thanks,

Joost Roeleveld

Scott Martin Scott Martin

Re: Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading from 16.1.20161208 to 16.1.20170315 the web interface no
> longer shows the Shared mail folders as defined by Cyrus IMAP.
>
> All IMAP clients correctly show these.
> So do clients connected through eSync to Egroupware.
>
> Is there any configuration I might have forgotten to keep this functionality?
> Or is this caused by something else?

I have found that I have to restart the Cyrus IMAP server on each upgrade

Scott Martin

J. Roeleveld J. Roeleveld

On Monday, April 10, 2017 01:37:09 PM Scott Martin wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > After upgrading from 16.1.20161208 to 16.1.20170315 the web interface no
> > longer shows the Shared mail folders as defined by Cyrus IMAP.
> >
> > All IMAP clients correctly show these.
> > So do clients connected through eSync to Egroupware.
> >
> > Is there any configuration I might have forgotten to keep this
> > functionality? Or is this caused by something else?
>
> I have found that I have to restart the Cyrus IMAP server on each upgrade

Both mail and web servers have been restarted post-upgrade due to OS disk
configuration issues.

This has not resolved this issue.

I would be really surprised if a restart of Cyrus would resolve an issue with
a web application.

--
Joost

J. Roeleveld J. Roeleveld

Re: Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

Noone has a solution for this?

On Monday, April 10, 2017 07:06:01 PM J. Roeleveld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading from 16.1.20161208 to 16.1.20170315 the web interface no
> longer shows the Shared mail folders as defined by Cyrus IMAP.
>
> All IMAP clients correctly show these.
> So do clients connected through eSync to Egroupware.
>
> Is there any configuration I might have forgotten to keep this
> functionality? Or is this caused by something else?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Joost Roeleveld

hnategh hnategh

Re: Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

Hi Joost,

The only configuration that exists regarding mail folders is in Mail->Preferences-> Configuration Settings-> Show all Folders. This option is set to NO by default as reading all subscribed and unsubscribed folders together is an expensive operation although you may switch that preference to YES which means to read all folders including not subscribed folders.

Additionally, there's also an item in mail tree contextmenu, called Subscription which you may subscribe/unsubscribe folders.

Best regards,

Hadi Nategh
Software Developer

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0 e
J. Roeleveld J. Roeleveld

On April 18, 2017 10:01:43 AM GMT+02:00, hnategh <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Joost,
>
>The only configuration that exists regarding mail folders is in
>Mail->Preferences-> Configuration Settings-> Show all Folders. This
>option
>is set to NO by default as reading all subscribed and unsubscribed
>folders
>together is an expensive operation although you may switch that
>preference
>to YES which means to read all folders including not subscribed
>folders.
>
>Additionally, there's also an item in mail tree contextmenu, called
>Subscription which you may subscribe/unsubscribe folders.
>

>Best regards,
>

>-----
>Hadi Nategh
>Software Developer
>
>EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
>Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
>Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
>Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
>Telefon +49 631 31657-0 e
>
>--

Hadi,

None of those settings have any effect.
I am subscribed to all folders on the mail server.

With some testing, I noticed that when I switch off 'altnamespace' in the cyrus configuration, I do see the shared folders. But this negatively affects the way the folders are displayed.

This must be in a recent change to the codebase of eGroupware as it was working correctly before.

--
Joost

StefanU StefanU

Re: Shared Folders no longer show in web interface

Hi Joost.

I have two EGw-installations with the same mail-server-product as mail-backend. One EGw/mail-server is configured with alternative IMAP name space, the other one without. In both EGw the shared folders are shown.

Please check also:
Admin/Applications/Mail:
"examine namespace to retrieve folders in others and shared
only needed for some servers, that do not return all folders on root level queries to retrieve all folders for that level"

If this does not help, there is something in the webserver errorlog?

greetings
Stefan

J. Roeleveld wrote

Joost
J. Roeleveld J. Roeleveld

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:21:48 PM CEST StefanU wrote:

> Hi Joost.
>
> I have two EGw-installations with the same mail-server-product as
> mail-backend. One EGw/mail-server is configured with alternative IMAP name
> space, the other one without. In both EGw the shared folders are shown.
>
> Please check also:
> Admin/Applications/Mail:
> "examine namespace to retrieve folders in others and shared
> only needed for some servers, that do not return all folders on root level
> queries to retrieve all folders for that level"
>
> If this does not help, there is something in the webserver errorlog?
>
> greetings
> Stefan

Stefan,

Thank you, that was the hint I required.
Not sure why I didn't notice that option before, I must have gone to that
config-page a dozen times.

Still find it strange that the behaviour changed during an upgrade. Either it
was originally set to "yes" and changed during the update or the behaviour got
changed.
But this is not that important now as the issue is resolved.

Kind regards,

Joost