Shutdown translation site

Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla

Shutdown translation site

Hi, all.

Due to personal circumstances, I've removed the egw.omgs.net server and
it's not available anymore. I did a last commit before halting the
computer, so I don't think there's anything left.

I'm sorry if this is a problem, but one of the reasons was too low
traffic to keep having it up and not host anywhere else. I may also have
lost some emails until yesterday due a lack of sync, so if someone has
emailed me during these days about this (or anything else), plese resend
the email if in some days there's no reply.

Of course, for if someone wonders about it, this is not related at all
with my membership in egw project, which is exactly the same, having a
good health (but some days outdated). I had no reply about my last
suggestion concerning the naming of the rewriting of the rework of the
translation tools, and of course, I'm still interested in that.

Regards.

| http://counter.li.org info: Linux user: 92390 - Linux machine: 39301 |
|        Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla - omgsATescomposlinux.org        |
|                 GPG Key at http://keyserver.pgp.com                  |

Re: Shutdown translation site

Hi Oscar,

Sorry for the late answer. I'm still in Australia, arriving back in
Germany on the 2. of March.

If you think a translator site makes sense - is used. We (Stylite)
will provide one for the project, which can be managed by you (eg. a
VMWare machine). Just let me know. We really value what you are doing
for the project!

About the Translation App.: I statet my opinion to add it to eTemplate
(for the reasons I gave) and thought it's now your decision as
developer of it to decide if you add it to etemplate or Import it as a
new App. If you need help importing a new App into svn, just let me
know.

Stylite GmbH
[ open style of IT ]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
D - 67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon   +49 (6352) 70629-0
fax   +49 (6352) 70629-30
mobil +49 (170)  3147833
email [hidden email]

www.egroupware-support.eu
www.stylite.de

Geschäftsführer: Andre Keller,
    Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 30575

Ralf Becker escribió:
> Hi Oscar,

Hi, Ralf.

> Sorry for the late answer. I'm still in Australia, arriving back in
> Germany on the 2. of March.
>
> If you think a translator site makes sense - is used. We (Stylite) will
> provide one for the project, which can be managed by you (eg. a VMWare
> machine). Just let me know. We really value what you are doing for the
> project!

Well, it would be nice (even better than Ajan's offer), but there's a
major drawback, not difficult to save, but it's on your side: I can't
upload my private ssh key to a server where I'm not the only root. So,
if in a server of stylite, a new ssh key is created and enabled (in
addition to the personal ssh key, which I'd still use from my computer)
for me to commit, it would be a solution. If it's a new different vmware
host or anything else is a decision for you to take.

> About the Translation App.: I statet my opinion to add it to eTemplate
> (for the reasons I gave) and thought it's now your decision as developer
> of it to decide if you add it to etemplate or Import it as a new App. If
> you need help importing a new App into svn, just let me know.

Well, of course I appreciate your opinion, but I think that's more from
a developer/egw admin point of view than from a user/translator point of
view, and this is the main problem why I think it's not a good idea to
put it into any other app, but have a separate app instead. And I did
like Oscar's idea about "eTranslate" name for the new app, having both
"concepts". I'd like it to be a consensuated or by majority decision,
not imposed by one person. Unluckily, I'm stuck on this, since I haven't
been able to put it fully out of eTemplate (I blame on javascript), so
if necessary, I'll request help, of course.

I have to go to work.

Regards.

> Ralf

| http://counter.li.org info: Linux user: 92390 - Linux machine: 39301 |
|        Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla - omgsATescomposlinux.org        |
|                 GPG Key at http://keyserver.pgp.com                  |

Re: Shutdown translation site

Hi Oscar,

The ssh Problem is easy to solve: you use an ssh agend (simply type
ssh-add) and then "ssh -A" to forward your local agent to the remote
computer. There you can then commit like you do it now.

About the lack of response to the name issue: I would interpret
silence as akknowledgment and continue.

I'll set up a virtual machine for you, beginning of March, after I
returned to Germany. Please remind me, if you don't hear from me in
the 2. week of March.

Which Linux Distro do you prefer?

Stylite GmbH
[ open style of IT ]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
D - 67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon   +49 (6352) 70629-0
fax   +49 (6352) 70629-30
mobil +49 (170)  3147833
email [hidden email]

www.egroupware-support.eu
www.stylite.de

Geschäftsführer: Andre Keller,
    Gudrun Müller, Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 30575