Ukrainian translation (forgot attach)

Maxim Khudik Maxim Khudik

Ukrainian translation (forgot attach)

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to deploy egroupware to non profit organization, and people want ukrainian language massages from the system.
Enjoying life I've found very obscure ukrainian translation.
My dids:
Installed version 1.8 from deb packages on debial lenny xen vm. Auth backend is LDAP, no migration.
Started to translate adressbook (small % was already translated), and almost completed, saved
file (see attach)

and then I've found svn version. It works much better with group permissions.

copiied the attached file to location -- and can not find  phrases translated on translation tools --> english to ukrainian. file perm is 644 owner www-data.

Is it possible to import translation from 18 release to svn version?

I am going to translate several modules except Adressbook (Infolog, Project manager, email, Resources, Calendar, Polls, maybe forgot smth).
I can coordinate ukrainian translation of EGR.

Maxim

egw_uk.lang (50K) Download Attachment
Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla

Re: Ukrainian translation (forgot attach)

Maxim Khudik escribió:
> Hello Everyone,

Hi, Maxim. Welcome to the list.

> I am trying to deploy egroupware to non profit organization, and people
> want ukrainian language massages from the system.
> Enjoying life I've found very obscure ukrainian translation.
> My dids:
> Installed version 1.8 from deb packages on debial lenny xen vm. Auth
> backend is LDAP, no migration.
> Started to translate adressbook (small % was already translated), and
> almost completed, saved
> file (see attach)
>
> and then I've found svn version. It works much better with group
> permissions.
>
> copiied the attached file to location -- and can not find  phrases
> translated on translation tools --> english to ukrainian. file perm is
> 644 owner www-data.

I haven't tested, but in 1.6, you should have the files in
<app>/setup/egw_uk.lang. If the permissions are ok (usually read is
enough, but write is necessary only for translation tools *directory*),
just make sure you (re)install it in setup.

> Is it possible to import translation from 18 release to svn version?

Yes, but depending on the versions, I don't know if you want to
contribute two translations or just one. If it's only one, then we stick
in just updating the 1.8.

> I am going to translate several modules except Adressbook (Infolog,
> Project manager, email, Resources, Calendar, Polls, maybe forgot smth).
> I can coordinate ukrainian translation of EGR.

There are two main ways to contribute. There's a site for contributors
to translate online using the translation tools. If you want to use it,
mail me privately and I'll provide you the credentials. Apart, you can
upload your work to the tracker at egroupware.org, as a patch in the
translations category, where it will be assigned to me.

If you want, I can add you to the wiki page containing the list of known
translators.

Regards.

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Maxim

| http://counter.li.org info: Linux user: 92390 - Linux machine: 39301 |
|        Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla - omgsATescomposlinux.org        |
|                 GPG Key at http://keyserver.pgp.com                  |