Upgrade from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch

Scott Martin Scott Martin

Upgrade from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch

Hello all,

Tried updating from jessie to stretch today and upgrade seems to break egroupware.

Postgres tries to upgrade from 9.4 to 9.6

I get a message that egroupware can't connect to the db and I should run set up

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Scott A. Martin
Application Engineer

Martin Engineering Company, Inc.
Manufacturers' Representative
75 Hancock Street
Braintree, MA 02184
USA

781-848-8484
[hidden email]
www.steamvalve.com

Ralf Becker-5 Ralf Becker-5

Re: Upgrade from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch

Hi Scott,

Am 22.07.17 um 22:21 schrieb Scott Martin:
> Hello all,
>
> Tried updating from jessie to stretch today and upgrade seems to break egroupware.
>
> Postgres tries to upgrade from 9.4 to 9.6
>
> I get a message that egroupware can't connect to the db and I should run set up

PostgreSQL has it's own ACL for connecting, probably something got lost
there, or it needed a manual upgrade of the database (pg_dumb, pg_restore).
Not sure about update procedure for Postgres from 9.4 to 9.6.

We currently only tested with MySQL and Stretch, no PostgreSQL 9.6 nor
PostgreSQL update.

Your first step has to be check the DB is existing and accessible with
Postgres tools.
Then you can look into ACL for EGroupware access, our Setup has some
pointers for that.

Ralf

> Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Scott A. Martin
> Application Engineer
>
> Martin Engineering Company, Inc.
> Manufacturers' Representative
> 75 Hancock Street
> Braintree, MA 02184
> USA
>
> 781-848-8484
> [hidden email]
> www.steamvalve.com

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0