call for supporters for a vote

Cornelius Weiss-4 Cornelius Weiss-4

call for supporters for a vote

This is my third 'call for supporters for a vote'. I realy hope that
the admins supply a 'list of voters' soon, so that you can start
supporting.

--BEGIN--
All active developers are allowed to post messages on the various
mailing lists of the project, regarding their current work.

Moreover they could place news on the eGroupWare.org news section if
they have topics of general interest.
--END

If our developers commnity faces problems like spamming or inadequate
advertising, we sould also setup rules for contents on the eGroupWare
webpage like allowed ads, and also make policies for the mailing-
lists. But from my point of view we don't need it at the moment.

cu
conny

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi Conny,

Cornelius Weiss schrieb:
> This is my third 'call for supporters for a vote'. I realy hope that
> the admins supply a 'list of voters' soon, so that you can start
> supporting.

I posted a project members list, as I understand it, a few days ago. I
have not seen any objections or additions to it from any other project
member or admin.

> --BEGIN--
> All active developers are allowed to post messages on the various
> mailing lists of the project, regarding their current work.
>
> Moreover they could place news on the eGroupWare.org news section if
> they have topics of general interest.
> --END

For me it makes no sense to have a vote to change the admin decision you
and Lars accepted 1,5 month ago. (It makes no difference if you have
understood it any different.) If you think that decision is wrong, just
openly call for a vote to have that decision revoked by the project
members.

Or do as you both promised and call for a final vote on accepting Tine
as new eGW development direction for the whole project.

In my opinion everything else is just distracting the project and
dishonest. If you need more time, that's ok with me, but then please
dont start the whole Tine discussion under a slightly different cover again!

Ralf

> If our developers commnity faces problems like spamming or inadequate
> advertising, we sould also setup rules for contents on the eGroupWare
> webpage like allowed ads, and also make policies for the mailing-
> lists. But from my point of view we don't need it at the moment.
>
> cu
> conny

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Lars Kneschke-2 Lars Kneschke-2

"Ralf Becker" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> Hi Conny,
>
> Cornelius Weiss schrieb:
>> This is my third 'call for supporters for a vote'. I realy hope that
>> the admins supply a 'list of voters' soon, so that you can start
>> supporting.
>
> I posted a project members list, as I understand it, a few days ago. I
> have not seen any objections or additions to it from any other project
> member or admin.
You don't have seen any objections or additions, because we still wait for
the list of names.

Please admins, are you able to provide such a list?
--
Lars Kneschke
CTO OfficeSpot.Net

eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release: http://www.tine20.org

E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
Web: http://www.metaways.de
Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi Lars,

in case you cant find my list between the really few posts I made to
this list, here it is again:

- all current developers with svn access, with the agreed exception of
Tine only developer
- our language coordinator Oscar
- our manual maintainer Birgit
- and maybe additional people nominated by the above to, in case there
are people who made substantial contributions (and are still active)

The list of people with svn access is available to you. I dont have time
to write it down here again, as the internet cafe I'm sitting now is
about to close.

The admins will publish an official list on the website.

Ralf

Lars Kneschke schrieb:

> "Ralf Becker" <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>> Hi Conny,
>>
>> Cornelius Weiss schrieb:
>>> This is my third 'call for supporters for a vote'. I realy hope that
>>> the admins supply a 'list of voters' soon, so that you can start
>>> supporting.
>> I posted a project members list, as I understand it, a few days ago. I
>> have not seen any objections or additions to it from any other project
>> member or admin.
> You don't have seen any objections or additions, because we still wait for
> the list of names.
>
> Please admins, are you able to provide such a list?
> --
> Lars Kneschke
> CTO OfficeSpot.Net
> Metaways Infosystems GmbH
> Pickhuben 2-4, D-20457 Hamburg
>
> eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
> OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
> our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release: http://www.tine20.org
>
> E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
> Web: http://www.metaways.de
> Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
> Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
> Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324
>
> Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
> Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Lars Kneschke-2 Lars Kneschke-2

Re: call for supporters for a vote

"Ralf Becker" <[hidden email]> schrieb:
> The admins will publish an official list on the website.
I'll be waiting...
--
Lars Kneschke
CTO OfficeSpot.Net
Metaways Infosystems GmbH
Pickhuben 2-4, D-20457 Hamburg

eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release: http://www.tine20.org

E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
Web: http://www.metaways.de
Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

Cornelius Weiss-4 Cornelius Weiss-4

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi Ralf,

> For me it makes no sense to have a vote to change the admin decision
> you
> and Lars accepted 1,5 month ago.

Thats not an issue, I called for supporters of a vote, thats my right
according to our consitution.

> (It makes no difference if you have
> understood it any different.) If you think that decision is wrong,
> just
> openly call for a vote to have that decision revoked by the project
> members.

The way the admins acted by their 'admin statement' showed, that they
don't care about the oppinon of all other developers. Read the
mailinglists archive and read the mail again. All others requested you
to 'stop the silly vote' But you guys reenabled it.

Moreover the so called 'admin statement' goes far about the
responisbility of the admins in my view. The admins jobs is to care
for the project and make shure that it's driven by its active
developers like stated in the consitution. What you did was the exact
oposite!

It's sad that all the discussion are about politics and your silly
rules, which try to stop what is not stopable: Innovation.

* Burry the silly admin statment and do what the developers community
want!
* Lets have admin votes, so the that the project has a set of admins
which reflect the current situation. (btw. neither me nor lars want to
be admins. Maybe one of us will be willing to be candidate if the
community want so)
* Lets talk about innovation and techniques!

cu
conny

Frank-D Frank-D

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi Ralf,

interesting, they are really trying to spoil your holiday, requesting you to do things, you already did some time ago?

to Lars:
Don't you think people recognize what you are doing?

And to react on your level of a "technical discussion"
Egroupware is working fine, many functionalities and has with etemplate a nice way to change and create own apps (like PERP) supporting many different standards
tine can do right-mouse clicks at the moment ...
The technical discussion has already been there, you disagreed. But don't try to create the impression, that Ralf did not have a technical discussion.

It really takes lots of my time at the moment trying to find new tine-propaganda posts and to correct the impression created only a tiny bit.

I know that this post will only be available to nabble, but that's the way it is

Frank

Ralf Becker-3 wrote

Lars Kneschke schrieb:
> "Ralf Becker" <RalfBecker@outdoor-training.de> schrieb:
>> Hi Conny,
>>
>> Cornelius Weiss schrieb:
>>> This is my third 'call for supporters for a vote'. I realy hope that
>>> the admins supply a 'list of voters' soon, so that you can start
>>> supporting.
>> I posted a project members list, as I understand it, a few days ago. I
>> have not seen any objections or additions to it from any other project
>> member or admin.
> You don't have seen any objections or additions, because we still wait for
> the list of names.
>
> Please admins, are you able to provide such a list?
> --
> Lars Kneschke
> CTO OfficeSpot.Net
> Metaways Infosystems GmbH
> Pickhuben 2-4, D-20457 Hamburg
>
> eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
> OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
> our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release: http://www.tine20.org
>
> E-Mail: mailto:l.kneschke@metaways.de
> Web: http://www.metaways.de
> Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
> Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
> Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324
>
> Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
> Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.de
Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH [www.outdoor-training.de]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 (0)631 31657-0

Birgit Becker,
	Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH Birgit Becker, Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi to all aktiv developers,

as one of the main manual writer i'd like to add one more person as a
project member:
Ingo Kreißelmeyer
Ingo has inserted/updated in the last 3 month nearly 90% of the englisch
manual (you can see this on the changelog of the wiki) - it was in total
"one man-month".

Regards

Birgit

Ralf Becker schrieb:

> Hi Lars,
>
> in case you cant find my list between the really few posts I made to
> this list, here it is again:
>
> - all current developers with svn access, with the agreed exception of
> Tine only developer
> - our language coordinator Oscar
> - our manual maintainer Birgit
> - and maybe additional people nominated by the above to, in case there
> are people who made substantial contributions (and are still active)
>
> The list of people with svn access is available to you. I dont have time
> to write it down here again, as the internet cafe I'm sitting now is
> about to close.
>
> The admins will publish an official list on the website.
>
> Ralf
>
> Lars Kneschke schrieb:
>
>> "Ralf Becker" <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi Conny,

>>> I posted a project members list, as I understand it, a few days ago. I
>>> have not seen any objections or additions to it from any other project
>>> member or admin.
>>>
>> You don't have seen any objections or additions, because we still wait for
>> the list of names.
>>
>> Please admins, are you able to provide such a list?
>> --
>> Lars Kneschke
>> CTO OfficeSpot.Net
>> Metaways Infosystems GmbH
>> Pickhuben 2-4, D-20457 Hamburg
>>
>> eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
>> OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
>> our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release: http://www.tine20.org
>>
>> E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
>> Web: http://www.metaways.de
>> Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
>> Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
>> Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324
>>
>> Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
>> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
>> Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

Re: call for supporters for a vote

Hi Birgit,

from my point of view, that's considered a substantial contribution.

There are some developers (with commit rights), who have contributed
considerable less working time to the project. (Which is of cause ok, I only
mention it to emphasize the work done by Ingo).

http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/RecentChanges is a link to the wiki log.

Ralf

"Birgit Becker" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> Hi to all aktiv developers,
>
> as one of the main manual writer i'd like to add one more person as a
> project member:
> Ingo Kreißelmeyer
> Ingo has inserted/updated in the last 3 month nearly 90% of the englisch
> manual (you can see this on the changelog of the wiki) - it was in total
> "one man-month".
>
> Regards
>
> Birgit
>
> Ralf Becker schrieb:
>> Hi Lars,
>>
>> in case you cant find my list between the really few posts I made to
>> this list, here it is again:
>>
>> - all current developers with svn access, with the agreed exception of
>> Tine only developer
>> - our language coordinator Oscar
>> - our manual maintainer Birgit
>> - and maybe additional people nominated by the above to, in case there
>> are people who made substantial contributions (and are still active)
>>
>> The list of people with svn access is available to you. I dont have time
>> to write it down here again, as the internet cafe I'm sitting now is
>> about to close.
>>
>> The admins will publish an official list on the website.
>>
>> Ralf
>>
>> Lars Kneschke schrieb:

>>> You don't have seen any objections or additions, because we still wait
for

>>> the list of names.
>>>
>>> Please admins, are you able to provide such a list?
>>> --
>>> Lars Kneschke
>>> CTO OfficeSpot.Net
>>> Metaways Infosystems GmbH
>>> Pickhuben 2-4, D-20457 Hamburg
>>>
>>> eGroupWare Support: http://www.egroupware-support.net
>>> OfficeSpot.Net Collaboration Server: http://cs.officespot.net
>>> our proposal for the next major eGroupWare release:
http://www.tine20.org

>>> E-Mail: mailto:[hidden email]
>>> Web: http://www.metaways.de
>>> Tel: +49 (0)40 317031-21
>>> Fax: +49 (0)40 317031-921
>>> Mobile: +49 (0)175 9304324
>>>
>>> Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
>>> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4508
>>> Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele

-- eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.deOutdoor
Unlimited Training GmbH [http://www.outdoor-training.de]Geschäftsführer:
Ralf und Birgit BeckerLeibnizstr. 1767663 Kaiserslautern</pre>