eGroupware 1.6.rc4 - 4th release candidate available

eGroupware 1.6.rc4 - 4th release candidate available

It's not yet an official release, but we're quite close.
We are positive to get the official release within next 2 weeks.

What's new in eGroupware v1.6?

* Complete new implementation of the filemanager DMS by means of PHP
stream-wrapper and WebDAV, ACL control on directories and files - the
new architecture allows now uploading of big files.
* Implementation of new functions like multiple mail accounts and many
bugfixes in the email client.
* Extensive new features for the tracker-application: for example
escalation-matrix for tickets and automatic mail-conversion as a ticket.
* Improved calendar functions especially with recurring-events.
* Supplements and adaptations in the addressbook like appointment-view,
custom fields, distribution lists shown in the contact directly and in
the addressbook list, multiple categorization of contacts in the
addressbook list.
* Improvement of the template functionality of the project manager and
some bugfixes.
* Many useful extensions and adaptations as well as bug-fixes in all
modules.

All package types are available via our download page:
www.egroupware.org/download

Please note:
- eGroupware 1.6 requires PHP5.1+ (recommended 5.2)
- release notes: www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.6
- update/install instructions: www.egroupware.org/wiki/ManualSetup
- VFS update instructions: www.egroupware.org/wiki/vfsUpdate1.6

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
cell +49 (0) 170 7815917
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Nigel John Vickers,
        Gudrun K. Müller und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 12087