new SyncML developer Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

new SyncML developer Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

Philip already worked on eGroupware's SyncML for the 1.6 release and
Jörg undertook the effort to port again the current Horde code to
eGroupware. He maintains that currently as a patch which supports now
eg. SyncML version 1.2.

Christian and I both think they are a welcome additions to the
eGroupware project and suggest making both medior members with immediate
(supervised) commit rights to the project's svn repository.

I will add them to the project, if there are no objections.

@Philip and Jörg: Please reply with an introduction of yourself, so
everyone gets a change to know you a little better.

We (Christian, Philip, Jörg and me) had a telephone conference today:
The plan is to add/port Jörg's patch to trunk, to allow more people to
test it and to include it in the next eGroupware release.

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Nigel John Vickers,
        Gudrun K. Müller und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 12087

Welcome new project members Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

A warm welcome to Philip and Jörg :-)

Philip and Jörg have been given svn access this morning, as there was no
objects to my request to add them. They are "Medior Members" and will
joinly maintain the SyncML protocol in EGroupware. I (Ralf Becker) will
act as their mentor.

Stylite invited both to an EGroupware development workshop hosted at
Stylite's offices at 24. and 25. May 2009.

We agreed to the following steps for the SyncML development:
- Ralf will create a SyncML-1.2 branch (api, syncml, addressbook,
calendar and infolog apps)
- Jörg will port his patch to trunk and commit it to that branch for
further public testing
- Philip will test and ensure compatibility with multiuser environment
and the id handling developed by him for 1.6 release
- Stylite and I will test compatibility with recent
GroupDAV/CalDAV/CardDAV development
- if tests are successful, the changes will be merged to trunk

Welcome on board Philip and Jörg :-)

Ralf

Ralf Becker schrieb:

> Philip already worked on eGroupware's SyncML for the 1.6 release and
> Jörg undertook the effort to port again the current Horde code to
> eGroupware. He maintains that currently as a patch which supports now
> eg. SyncML version 1.2.
>
> Christian and I both think they are a welcome additions to the
> eGroupware project and suggest making both medior members with immediate
> (supervised) commit rights to the project's svn repository.
>
> I will add them to the project, if there are no objections.
>
> @Philip and Jörg: Please reply with an introduction of yourself, so
> everyone gets a change to know you a little better.
>
> We (Christian, Philip, Jörg and me) had a telephone conference today:
> The plan is to add/port Jörg's patch to trunk, to allow more people to
> test it and to include it in the next eGroupware release.
>
> Ralf

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Gudrun Müller,
        Nigel Vickers und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Oscar van Eijk-3 Oscar van Eijk-3

Re: Welcome new project members Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

I guess it's too late to object now?
In that case, I'm happy aI don't have any objections ;)

I didn't respond on your first intro, so now it's my turn to Welcome you
guys!

Oscar
> Philip and Jörg have been given svn access this morning, as there was no
> objects to my request to add them. They are "Medior Members" and will
> joinly maintain the SyncML protocol in EGroupware. I (Ralf Becker) will
> act as their mentor.
>
> Stylite invited both to an EGroupware development workshop hosted at
> Stylite's offices at 24. and 25. May 2009.
>
> We agreed to the following steps for the SyncML development:
> - Ralf will create a SyncML-1.2 branch (api, syncml, addressbook,
> calendar and infolog apps)
> - Jörg will port his patch to trunk and commit it to that branch for
> further public testing
> - Philip will test and ensure compatibility with multiuser environment
> and the id handling developed by him for 1.6 release
> - Stylite and I will test compatibility with recent
> GroupDAV/CalDAV/CardDAV development
> - if tests are successful, the changes will be merged to trunk
>
> Welcome on board Philip and Jörg :-)
>
> Ralf
>
> Ralf Becker schrieb:
>> Philip already worked on eGroupware's SyncML for the 1.6 release and
>> Jörg undertook the effort to port again the current Horde code to
>> eGroupware. He maintains that currently as a patch which supports now
>> eg. SyncML version 1.2.
>>
>> Christian and I both think they are a welcome additions to the
>> eGroupware project and suggest making both medior members with immediate
>> (supervised) commit rights to the project's svn repository.
>>
>> I will add them to the project, if there are no objections.
>>
>> @Philip and Jörg: Please reply with an introduction of yourself, so
>> everyone gets a change to know you a little better.
>>
>> We (Christian, Philip, Jörg and me) had a telephone conference today:
>> The plan is to add/port Jörg's patch to trunk, to allow more people to
>> test it and to include it in the next eGroupware release.
>>
>> Ralf
>
> --
> Ralf Becker
> Director Software Development
>
> Stylite GmbH
> [open style of IT]
>
> Morschheimer Strasse 15
> 67292 Kirchheimbolanden
>
> fon +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
> fax +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
> mailto: [hidden email]
>
> www.stylite.de
> www.egroupware.org
>
> Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Gudrun Müller,
> Nigel Vickers und Ralf Becker
> Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
> Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

Oscar van Eijk

Oveas Functionality Provider
Zwaardenburg 63 -- 3437 RJ Nieuwegein
T: +31(0)30 - 889 7812 -- F: +31(0)30 - 889 9117
[http://oveas.com -- <a href="mailto:[hidden email]">[hidden email] ->
http://oveas.com]

Jo Ke Jo Ke

Re: Welcome new project members Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

Hi Philip and Joerg,

Great to have you on board!

Is your patch already part of the trunk?

Would it make sense to also add it to the stable?
Not sure the stable works properly right now - so it would only be progress, correct?

Thanks again,
Jo Ke

ralfbecker wrote

Ralf Becker schrieb:
> Philip already worked on eGroupware's SyncML for the 1.6 release and
> Jörg undertook the effort to port again the current Horde code to
> eGroupware. He maintains that currently as a patch which supports now
> eg. SyncML version 1.2.
>
> Christian and I both think they are a welcome additions to the
> eGroupware project and suggest making both medior members with immediate
> (supervised) commit rights to the project's svn repository.
>
> I will add them to the project, if there are no objections.
>
> @Philip and Jörg: Please reply with an introduction of yourself, so
> everyone gets a change to know you a little better.
>
> We (Christian, Philip, Jörg and me) had a telephone conference today:
> The plan is to add/port Jörg's patch to trunk, to allow more people to
> test it and to include it in the next eGroupware release.
>
> Ralf

Stylite GmbH
[open style of IT]

Morschheimer Strasse 15
67292 Kirchheimbolanden

fon  +49 (0) 6352 70629-0
fax  +49 (0) 6352 70629-30
mailto: rb@stylite.de

www.stylite.de
www.egroupware.org

Geschäftsführer Andre Keller, Gudrun Müller,
        Nigel Vickers und Ralf Becker
Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 30575
Umsatzsteuer-Id / VAT-Id: DE214280951

camro camro

Re: Welcome new project members Philip Herbert and Jörg Lehrke

Jo Ke wrote
Hi Philip and Joerg,
Great to have you on board!
Is your patch already part of the trunk?
Would it make sense to also add it to the stable?
Not sure the stable works properly right now - so it would only be progress, correct?
Thanks again,
Jo Ke
some news ?
is it integrated to the latest trunk ?