perp trunk on EGW CE 1.8 : what if I made a stupid thing...?

el_es el_es

perp trunk on EGW CE 1.8 : what if I made a stupid thing...?

Hello Nathan, developers,

what follows, is most my own fault and not a problem in perp or egw.

(Bear in mind, this has happened /before/ I fixed my GL accounts to be
identified by numbers)

The first batch of (controlled by serial number) products, I have built,
was quite (I think) natural order :
- create a SO
- that creates a WO
- that at the time didn't create a PO, but I ordered and received stuff manually
- then I built the WO (the traffic lights)

What followed was a bit feeble and the details may be vague, but that's what I
can remember seeing - I noticed the product built quantity has been
increased, and its components decreased; the newly built controlled stock has appeared
on the list; but it did leave the WO as not completed, and a warning
(of not enough components, listing literally everything) next to it.

Now when it came to ship the SO to customer, it asks for serial numbers of
the product shipped and accepts them; but it won't progress because... it can't
find the WO any more. Which is right, because I ... deleted the WO, having been
scared by the above mentioned warning...

This has also left me with reserved quantity for most of my stock, at the level
the WO was...

Is there anything, anything I can do to rectify my error ?
(apart from restoring from backup which... I don't have, obviously...)
(by the time of writing this, the items are already gone to customer, now it's time
to set the records straight...)

Sorry for bothering you guys,
Lukasz

Re: perp trunk on EGW CE 1.8 : what if I made a stupid thing...?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Lukasz Sokol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Nathan, developers,

what follows, is most my own fault and not a problem in perp or egw.
Is there anything, anything I can do to rectify my error ?
(apart from restoring from backup which... I don't have, obviously...)
(by the time of writing this, the items are already gone to customer, now it's time
to set the records straight...)

Well...
1.  Start the regular backup schedule.  How frequent depends on you, but you may also want to take a backup before you try something new.
2.  Reserved stock can be un-reserved by moving it from reserved back to on hand
3.  If the controlled stock is in the list, I think the easiest thing to try would be to fake the WO by directly entering it into the db.
You'll need to match the work_order_id, and get the sales_order ID, then enter the work_order_detail(s).  That might be enough to trick it.