Quantcast

php 7 mysql_pconnect()

ghooton ghooton

php 7 mysql_pconnect()

This post was updated on .
Hi All,
I have updated to php7.0 and get the following error when I do Clear cache and register hooks
Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect()
my setup is
Debian 8
PHP Version 7.0.18-1~dotdeb+8.1
MySql = 10.1.22-MariaDB-1~jessie

in header.inc.php I had
'db_type' => 'mysql',
I changed that to
'db_type' => 'mysqli',

Should this be MySQL PDO ?
//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()

Is this a bug or do I have an error in my configuration?
//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()

This also effects Chat
//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()

My settings are :-
DB type = MySQLi
DB port = 3306
//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()

I think egroupware needs to use mysqli_pconnect() and not mysql_pconnect()
It sounds like a configuration issue on my server, Must I change some setting in MySQL ?
//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()[Fixed]

OK I did a complete removal and reinstall of egrpupware-epl using the Debian pkg manager.

I restored the Mysql DB from backup

All is working now.

The down side is that I did not find the root cause of the problem.

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()[Fixed]

### Update ####
Only when I installed egroupware-epl-phpfreechat I get mysql_pconnect() error.

//Ger
ghooton ghooton

Re: php 7 mysql_pconnect()[Fixed]

OK at https://github.com/EGroupware/egroupware/wiki/Release-notes-16.1 I found the following: phpFreeChat (not available with PHP 7.0+)