setup PERP for French accounting

brunotemple brunotemple

setup PERP for French accounting

This post is more adressed to french community.

How to set-up PERP General Ledger Admin to be compatible with french accounting  ?

What equivalent is in french accounting to  :

- Section ?
- Groups ?
- Sequences ?

Our french accounting plan is more divided in "Classes" and "Journaux"

Please Help.

Regards.

Re: setup PERP for French accounting

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:01 AM, brunotemple <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How to set-up PERP General Ledger Admin to be compatible with french
> accounting  ?
>
> What equivalent is in french accounting to  :
>
> - Section ?
> - Groups ?
> - Sequences ?
>
> Our french accounting plan is more divided in "Classes" and "Journaux"

Journaux are journal entries, you won't get to them until after you're
set up.  pERP should make most of them for you.

Sequences, sections, groups and accounts form a tree, with Sequences
at the top and accounts at the bottom.  An upside-down tree.
Check your balance sheet ("Bilan") and income statement ("compte de
résultat").  These should give you sequences, which are the top
category.  There's usually only 5 or 6 sequences, depending on how you
do things.  You should also be able to glean sections, which is the
first division level.  I only have 16 sections, but it depends on how
you do your books.

Groups are where things really get split up, but how depends on you.
For small businesses, groups are almost useless, because they don't
have that many accounts.  For larger businesses, this allows you to
group several GL accounts together for reporting purposes, but record
separately.  They will show up on your income statement report, and
they do help.

At the bottom, of course, are your GL accounts.  These are what you
interact with on a daily basis as you shuffle money around.

Hope that helps.  The french community should have more specifics, but
that should at least help your understanding.

brunotemple brunotemple

Re: setup PERP for French accounting

Many thanks. It helps.
Christophe LG Christophe LG

Re: setup PERP for French accounting

Hi,

Here is an example of what I have set for my accounting

Sequence :
4 – Comptes de tiers

Account section :
44 – Etat et autres collectivités publiques

Account group
4455 - TVA à décaisser
4456 - TVA déductible
4457 - TVA collectée
For account groups, I had to modify templates and fields in database to work with 4 characters instead of 3 in the orginal version of pERP.

Accounts
445510 – TVA à décaisser
445660 – TVA déductible
444670 – Crédit de TVA à reporter