xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

cscheeder cscheeder

xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

Hi,
we are using egroupware 1.8 since a few years now,
and we have a little script pulling phonecalls from our pbx and pushing them as
info-logentrys into egroupware using the xmlrpc-api.
Now we wanted to move over to the newer versions of egroupware, but trying to do so we
realized the needed files for xml-rpc are missing from the newer versions.

is there a replacement we could use to interface to egroupware?

Christoph Scheeder

Ralf Becker Stylite AG Ralf Becker Stylite AG

Re: xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

Hi Christoph,

Am 08.07.16 um 16:11 schrieb C. Scheeder:
> Hi,
> we are using egroupware 1.8 since a few years now,
> and we have a little script pulling phonecalls from our pbx and pushing them as
> info-logentrys into egroupware using the xmlrpc-api.

We removed xmlrpc.php in 14.x, as it had lots of security problems.

> Now we wanted to move over to the newer versions of egroupware, but trying to do so we
> realized the needed files for xml-rpc are missing from the newer versions.
>
> is there a replacement we could use to interface to egroupware?

Just use a CalDAV instead. It allows to create arbitrary InfoLog entries.

To get an example, I would recommend to create such an InfoLog entry,
browse to
http(s)://domain.com/egroupware/groupdav.php/<user-or-group>/infolog/
download it from there and use that url to send as POST request to given
add-member url shown in that list below the entries.

If you are just updating, I would recommend to update straight to 16.1,
and not just 14.3.

Stylite AG

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 9 | Tel. +49 6131 32702-0
D-55124 Mainz       | Fax. +49 6131 32702-70

Email: [hidden email]

www.stylite.de | www.egroupware.org

Managing Directors: Andre Keller | Gudrun Mueller
Chairman of the supervisory board: Prof. Dr. Birger Leon Kropshofer

VAT DE214280951 | Registered HRB 46224 Mainz Germany

cscheeder cscheeder

Re: xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

Hi Ralph,

Am 08.07.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Ralf Becker:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> Am 08.07.16 um 16:11 schrieb C. Scheeder:
>> Hi,
>> we are using egroupware 1.8 since a few years now,
>> and we have a little script pulling phonecalls from our pbx and pushing them as
>> info-logentrys into egroupware using the xmlrpc-api.
>
> We removed xmlrpc.php in 14.x, as it had lots of security problems.
>
>> Now we wanted to move over to the newer versions of egroupware, but trying to do so we
>> realized the needed files for xml-rpc are missing from the newer versions.
>>
>> is there a replacement we could use to interface to egroupware?
>
> Just use a CalDAV instead. It allows to create arbitrary InfoLog entries.
>
> To get an example, I would recommend to create such an InfoLog entry,
> browse to
> http(s)://domain.com/egroupware/groupdav.php/<user-or-group>/infolog/
> download it from there and use that url to send as POST request to given
> add-member url shown in that list below the entries.

Nice Interface, but i have a little problem:
the entries i want to create/modify don't show up in this list,
it only gives me entries of typ "to do" no other types from the infolog.
is there a way to get/modify all the other types in this list?

> If you are just updating, I would recommend to update straight to 16.1,
> and not just 14.3.

Jep, thats what we are planing, i only hadn't time to move the test-server
to the new Version until now

> Ralf

Thanks for the help and a great program.
Christoph

Am 12.07.16 um 11:50 schrieb C. Scheeder:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Am 08.07.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Ralf Becker:
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> Am 08.07.16 um 16:11 schrieb C. Scheeder:
>>> Hi,
>>> we are using egroupware 1.8 since a few years now,
>>> and we have a little script pulling phonecalls from our pbx and pushing them as
>>> info-logentrys into egroupware using the xmlrpc-api.
>> We removed xmlrpc.php in 14.x, as it had lots of security problems.
>>
>>> Now we wanted to move over to the newer versions of egroupware, but trying to do so we
>>> realized the needed files for xml-rpc are missing from the newer versions.
>>>
>>> is there a replacement we could use to interface to egroupware?
>> Just use a CalDAV instead. It allows to create arbitrary InfoLog entries.
>>
>> To get an example, I would recommend to create such an InfoLog entry,
>> browse to
>> http(s)://domain.com/egroupware/groupdav.php/<user-or-group>/infolog/
>> download it from there and use that url to send as POST request to given
>> add-member url shown in that list below the entries.
> Nice Interface, but i have a little problem:
> the entries i want to create/modify don't show up in this list,
> it only gives me entries of typ "to do" no other types from the infolog.
> is there a way to get/modify all the other types in this list?
Go to your (personal) preferences in top menu, select CalDAV/CardDAV in
popup and go to InfoLog tab. There you can select which types to sync
via CalDAV/CardDAV. For creating new entries it does not matter, thought
you need to know that the type is an X-attribute X-INFOLOG-TYPE, if I
recall it correct.

>> If you are just updating, I would recommend to update straight to 16.1,
>> and not just 14.3.
> Jep, thats what we are planing, i only hadn't time to move the test-server
> to the new Version until now
>
>> Ralf
> Thanks for the help and a great program.
You're welcome :)

cscheeder cscheeder

Re: xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

Hi Ralph,
Thank you verry much, that did it.
Now i'll have to do some coding....
Christoph

Am 12.07.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Ralf Becker:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> Am 12.07.16 um 11:50 schrieb C. Scheeder:
>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> Am 08.07.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Ralf Becker:
>>> Hi Christoph,

>>> We removed xmlrpc.php in 14.x, as it had lots of security problems.

>>> Just use a CalDAV instead. It allows to create arbitrary InfoLog entries.
>>>
>>> To get an example, I would recommend to create such an InfoLog entry,
>>> browse to
>>> http(s)://domain.com/egroupware/groupdav.php/<user-or-group>/infolog/
>>> download it from there and use that url to send as POST request to given
>>> add-member url shown in that list below the entries.
>> Nice Interface, but i have a little problem:
>> the entries i want to create/modify don't show up in this list,
>> it only gives me entries of typ "to do" no other types from the infolog.
>> is there a way to get/modify all the other types in this list?
>
> Go to your (personal) preferences in top menu, select CalDAV/CardDAV in
> popup and go to InfoLog tab. There you can select which types to sync
> via CalDAV/CardDAV. For creating new entries it does not matter, thought
> you need to know that the type is an X-attribute X-INFOLOG-TYPE, if I
> recall it correct.
>
>>> If you are just updating, I would recommend to update straight to 16.1,
>>> and not just 14.3.
>> Jep, thats what we are planing, i only hadn't time to move the test-server
>> to the new Version until now
>>
>>> Ralf
>> Thanks for the help and a great program.
> You're welcome :)
>
> Ralf

> reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

cscheeder cscheeder

Re: xmlrpc.php missing in egroupware 14.x

Hi again,
its been a while since i ask first, but i was busy with other stuff,
now im back at this problem.

actualy i can create entries in the info-log, but only of type "Aufgabe",
what would i have to put in that put-request to get one of the other types?

Ralf Becker-5 Ralf Becker-5

Am 27.06.17 um 12:00 schrieb C. Scheeder:
> Hi again,
> its been a while since i ask first, but i was busy with other stuff,
> now im back at this problem.
>
> actualy i can create entries in the info-log, but only of type "Aufgabe",
> what would i have to put in that put-request to get one of the other
> types?

I thought we had exposed the type as in X-property (eg. X-INFOLOG-TYPE),
but that's not the case.

I implemented it now in master:

https://github.com/EGroupware/egroupware/commit/c324fda6eac36fab42f07f55a9b85bb3b058ea04

Ralf

> Christoph
>

> Am 12.07.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Ralf Becker:
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> Am 12.07.16 um 11:50 schrieb C. Scheeder:
>>> Hi Ralph,

>>> Nice Interface, but i have a little problem:
>>> the entries i want to create/modify don't show up in this list,
>>> it only gives me entries of typ "to do" no other types from the
>>> infolog.
>>> is there a way to get/modify all the other types in this list?
>>
>> Go to your (personal) preferences in top menu, select CalDAV/CardDAV in
>> popup and go to InfoLog tab. There you can select which types to sync
>> via CalDAV/CardDAV. For creating new entries it does not matter, thought
>> you need to know that the type is an X-attribute X-INFOLOG-TYPE, if I
>> recall it correct.

>>> Jep, thats what we are planing, i only hadn't time to move the
>>> test-server
>>> to the new Version until now

>>> Thanks for the help and a great program.
>> You're welcome :)
>>
>> Ralf

>> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
>> traffic
>> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and
>> protocols are
>> consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
>> J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
>> planning
>> reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]
Handelsregister HRB Kaiserslautern 3587
Geschäftsführer Birgit und Ralf Becker
Leibnizstr. 17, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Telefon +49 631 31657-0